Diamond Mod lights?

KSH92474

Newly Enlightened
what is the difference between the diamond replacement bulbs if regulated and not? the review for it are down at flashlight reviews so i wanted to know if any of you know. is it really worth the extra 5-7 bucks?
btw, this is for the 3 watt. thanks

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont think they are regulated. I had one a while ago and it was nice. Good throw long runtime but from what I understand they may not have very good heat sinking. If true, it would cause the LED to have a lower output after a while of using for long durations. I could be off on all this but maybe it will get a few more responses for you anyway :)

Welcome to CPF :)

BTW what are you trying to accomplish?

KSH92474

Newly Enlightened
probably to upgrade the maglites i have at home. and then soon get a fenix hopefully. and thanks

if it does have poor heat sinking, would i be able to do it or send it to someone to do it?

EDIT-sorry now i understand your question. i was just going to use the light for whenever i need it. i dont particulaly need any throw. and does anyone know someplace that sells the 3watt regulated bulb? thanks

Last edited:

turbodog

Flashaholic
I've tested these units myself. They are not regulated, but are simply voltage-boosted.

They are pretty bright, and are a good value for the money.