its all CPFs fault this happened

pr5owner

Newly Enlightened
LightsSM.jpg

all these lights *appeared* on my dresser within 2 months of reading these forums with the exception of the X5T, ive had that for about a year actually, and already on order (some in the mail actually) is the

3Wx3 Nuwai TM-800X3
3W ALX-233C
LEDBeam 3C
Inova X1
SL 3C Luxeon
3W MXDL (free using ebay card :))
Fenix L2P

and of course thanks to the battery/mods threads i have tons of NIMH and chargers on order as well

i didnt see the warning about getting addicted till AFTER :laughing:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
what are the silver ones with the huge heads and how does it throw?

-David

pr5owner

Newly Enlightened
cheapo said:
what are the silver ones with the huge heads and how does it throw?

-David

its not really a throw light, its 46 and 42 leds respectively, it can light up an entire room like a 40w light bulb, i would grab that if the lights went out in the house

rookie

Enlightened
Try covering up the mirror and it will appear that you just lost half your lights :D

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
pr5 - nice "START"!! :ohgeez:

Each has it's own character & qualities to appreciate (or not)...certainly a fun (as well as practical!) hobby!!

Enjoy indeed!! Now help us throw even more wood on the fire! :D

pr5owner

Newly Enlightened
Numbers said:
And there are no SF's there yet. You're not done.
pelicans and SFs are for easter haha i need my wallet to regenerate first

cosine

Newly Enlightened
Hey pr5owner,

Is that flashlight 2nd from the right the Ace Hardware xenon flashlight?

If it is, how do you like it? did you mod it in any way?

greenLED

Flashaholic
what are the lights hiding behind the wooden strip?

:laughing: J/K
It can only go downhill from here. :devil:

joecandlepower

Newly Enlightened
pr5owner, I know how you feel.

I'm thinking about changing my bookmarks if that will help me rid this obsession.
But they say once a flashaholic, always a flashaholic.
At least flashlights are useful.

pr5owner

Newly Enlightened
joecandlepower said:
pr5owner, I know how you feel.

I'm thinking about changing my bookmarks if that will help me rid this obsession.
But they say once a flashaholic, always a flashaholic.
At least flashlights are useful.

at least its better than drinking, its faster to flush a $100 bill down the toilet than to drink. In anycase if i get into a tight sqeeze flashlights are worth something for resale. alcoholic urine is not...

cosine said:
Hey pr5owner,

Is that flashlight 2nd from the right the Ace Hardware xenon flashlight?

If it is, how do you like it? did you mod it in any way?

its a crappy dorcy incan (but the rubber around the outside makes it really tuff), im actually still searching for maybe an LED drop in replacement but what drop in is bright and uses 2AAs?

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Well, Welcome To CPF PR5OWNER! Need to say that again because doesn't it boil down to choice? Your choice that is! Way to go too on them there collection of yours!

cosine

Newly Enlightened
pr5owner said:
its a crappy dorcy incan (but the rubber around the outside makes it really tuff), im actually still searching for maybe an LED drop in replacement but what drop in is bright and uses 2AAs?

Mine's (from Ace Hardware, looks just like yours) the same way, really horrible output and throw. I want to mod it, but don't know what to do. Just curious if you had done anything to it.

pr5owner

Newly Enlightened
cosine said:
Mine's (from Ace Hardware, looks just like yours) the same way, really horrible output and throw. I want to mod it, but don't know what to do. Just curious if you had done anything to it.

i googled and googled, then googled some more, apparently tektite makes a lux star LPR-2 drop in for 3V lights, im pretty sure the crappy dorcy "illuminator" incan light is 3v since its 2AAs and the bulb looks like it will fit. dont mags use the same bulbs for the 2D lights?

http://www.tek-tite.com/src/product_info.php?id=1057

the datasheet says *theoretically* the bulb will draw 500mA @ 3VDC basically 1.6W, and you use 2.4VDC (nimh) and it draws 667mA and you have 2500mAH AAs it should last 3hrs? so to 50% it would be 1.5hrs or am i calculating everything wrong?

its $30 but i cant find it in canada so.. if you people have money to throw away you can buy the dorcy *illuminator* for $2.97CAD and the LED bulb for $30 and test it out.

i looked on the Dorky ( Dorcy) site for the light i have but it seams they dont list all their items. the site also looks like it was designed by a 5yr old so... i may have gone to the wrong site.

Last edited:

cosine

Newly Enlightened
pr5owner said:
i googled and googled, then googled some more, apparently tektite makes a lux star LPR-2 drop in for 3V lights, im pretty sure the crappy dorcy "illuminator" incan light is 3v since its 2AAs and the bulb looks like it will fit. dont mags use the same bulbs for the 2D lights?

http://www.tek-tite.com/src/product_info.php?id=1057

the datasheet says *theoretically* the bulb will draw 500mA @ 3VDC basically 1.6W, and you use 2.4VDC (nimh) and it draws 667mA and you have 2500mAH AAs it should last 3hrs? so to 50% it would be 1.5hrs or am i calculating everything wrong?

its $30 but i cant find it in canada so.. if you people have money to throw away you can buy the dorcy *illuminator* for $2.97CAD and the LED bulb for $30 and test it out.

i looked on the Dorky ( Dorcy) site for the light i have but it seams they dont list all their items. the site also looks like it was designed by a 5yr old so... i may have gone to the wrong site.

Thanks for the googling and the link.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
pr5owner said:
I tried that a year ago. The bubble around the side emitter is wider than the stock bulb and will not fit through the hole in the reflector. When the bubble cracked and fell off in a RayOvac 2 in 1 area/flashlight I tried again and did not like the beam pattern.
I got my LPR-2 from
http://www.led-replacement.com/lpr-2.html
For non-US orders select the paypal button instead of add to cart button.

For cheap lights I am using the PR2-W1-WVR LED FlashLight bulb from
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=LIGHTS
$5 each but they have a $25 minimum order for outside the US. When I buy a led household lightbulb I usually pick up a couple to make up the $25. 0.5 watt 10mm led works best with small narrow reflectors. Donut hole on big reflectors. I got rid of the donut by either sanding the SIDES of the led or using a diffuser on the lens.

Last edited: