NEWBIE HERE! need m*gcharger mod help...

5645cds

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, I'm brand new here but I'm interested in hopping up my m*agcharger. I've done a search on this but alot of posts end up talking about non recharg. models and the two don't interchange. From what I've read, I definately want the WA 1160 bulb (or better) but I can't find it for sale ANYWHERE! I also wouldn't mind upgrading my reflector and batt pack but I don't have a clue which ones to grab. The main reflector that I saw everyone raving about and buying tons of, is no longer available. I guess he sold out and it doesn't say if he plans to make more. I've had the light for several years and use it daily at work. I'm simply looking to get rid of the "hole" in the light and make the light alot brighter. It will still be a duty light and I would like it to use its own charger but I wouldn't be opposed to modifying it (charger) to work with a new battery cell setup. I am not an engineer or electronics guru so if there are any guys out there that can either modify my torch or sell a ready to go version, please point me in their direction! I HAVE PAYPAL! Great forum that you guys have here! I am amazed at all of the info on this site! Happy New Year!!!

onlinewarlord

Newly Enlightened
Litho123 might still have some bulbs for sale. Also you can keep checking light-edge.com .

The bulb alone will make a massive improvement in the brightness. It won't give the prettiest beam but it will be damn bright. FiveMegas reflectors do help the beam but they are not mandatory equipment.

As for the batteries. I run mine on the stock battery pack with no problems. I did buy a couple spare battery packs that I keep charged for emergencies. If your pack is old I would say get a new one even if it's just a stock pack.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Hello 5645cds and Welcome to CPF!

Just as OnlineWarlord mentioned, you can get the Welch~Allyn U-01160 from Litho123 and Light-Edge, also I think FlashlightLens has them too. FiveMega carries some of these bulbs. You'll just have to search it out on his threads or PM him.

Yes indeed the Mag-Charger with the W~A U-01160 upgrade makes a whole lot of lighting difference! If you want a smoother looking pattern, you may want to try etching it as found elsewhere in this forum. . .

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!