Suggestions on what to pick up next for my light collection?

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
Thanks to the people here I am really hooked on these silly lights. ;) Ive been getting mainly smaller lights. In thinking about the ones I have now, while some are bright to very bright (HDS U60XRGT, LionCub and Surefire 9P with HOLA) none have much throw. I was planning on getting some Arc and Peaks next and a different color LED set A2 (currently have white) but in thinking more Ive decided I want some throw. Best I have now for that are probably the A2 and the 9P but I would like something with some real reach and still not too big. In looking around Ive come up with the Streamlight T3 incan or possibly the Strion. Do they out throw the 9P by much? Any thoughts on those or other suggestions? Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

SCblur

Enlightened
I'm still an uber-noob to the flashlight world, but I too have been acquiring lights at a sickening pace, and to date have an A2, G2, E2e, and an Inova X0. I also, have been looking for a good thrower so that I can 'reach out and touch someone' when need be. For what it's worth, I have been seriously considering two lights.

The first is the Princeton Tech Surge (matches the T3 for throw, is a little smaller, and takes AA cells, and is only $25). If you wanted something that was more EDC-compatible, the second light I was looking into is the Pelican M6 incan. http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/pelican_m6.htm Semi-regulated for 45 minutes, about the size of a SF G2, and an insane amount of throw for a light so small (75 on Flashlightreviews, compared to 94 for the T3 and surge). I'm seriously considering the M6 myself, simply because my lights aren't useful to me if they aren't easy to carry. Therefore, I would rather give up a little throw in favor of portability.

So, there's my $.02, take it in stride, since I'm an infant to the flashlight world. Good luck with your decision, let me know what you finally decide on, it may help me with my decision as well.

Last edited:

hquan

Enlightened
What about a tigerlight FBOP version? I understand that it's not too big, and has plenty of throw. I haven't seen one in person (mine won't be shipped until Feb), but flashlight reviews has said some really good things about it.

Flakey

Enlightened
Once again i must suggest that you guys try modded maglights. For its size a ROP or mag85 are amazing. im talking 600-900 lumens here. throw in a LOP reflector and there you go =). Modifying maglights is alot of fun and really gratifying. it is great knowing that your light is unique and that is is only in existance because you made it the way it is. Sure their are lots of 3D maglights but yours is 10 times brighter than theirs

CLHC

Flashaholic
Well since you've mentioned that you already have the SureFire 9P—Great Light by they way!—Maybe you can check this out if you've not done so before:

http://lagger-pro.com/hd3t.htm

Enjoy that "far reaching" lighting effect when you do!

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
A 2-cell cell Maglight with a homemade 123 battery sleeve and a Radioshack KPR-12 lamp is the best deal out there.

Every Flashaholic that wants super throw should try this mod. It will cost you $7 in parts and give you the biggest wow for dollar out there.

SCblur

Enlightened
Double_A said:
A 2-cell cell Maglight with a homemade 123 battery sleeve and a Radioshack KPR-12 lamp is the best deal out there.

Every Flashaholic that wants super throw should try this mod. It will cost you $7 in parts and give you the biggest wow for dollar out there.

I'm interested, (but naive) how do I do this?