What flashlights do your cat's prefer (pics)

bruner

Enlightened
What flashlights do your cats prefer?

A post from my favorite little cat Joey...

He thinks these are HIS flashlights, but they're not, THEY ARE MINE!

Hmmm. So many small nice little lights. Which one is my favorite?

This one, this one is my favorite. It's the brightest one and it's the cheapest one. I hate to admit it, but I really like this one.

No, wait... This one is my favorite. It's a twistie, it's cheap, it's the least useful light he has. This will really **** him off. I'll pick the solitaire...

From Dan, Joey's keeper... Ah what the heck does he know, he's just a cat...

Anyhow, for some reason our cats are always interested in anything technical that I do. Doesn't matter what I'm taking apart, they are always interested.

What do your animals think about you?

Dan

Last edited:

rkonieska

Newly Enlightened
Man, those cats look ready to attack............my bengal cat (half asian leopard half tabby):scowl: likes the SF m-4.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Zorro prefers my A2-HA-WH, for it's regulated broad spectrum incandescent output.

Zorro prefers to use the litter box in the garage. But, in the middle of the night, when I'm not up to it, I shine the A2 into the kitchen, where the covered litter box is, and the A2's light helps him to find just the right spot, quickly. Saves me from having to get up, to let him out. Doesn't happen very often though, because I spoil him something awful. :)

oldgrandpajack

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, No, NONONONONO.
This place has cost me to much money already.
I AM NOT GOING TO BUY A CAT.

rkonieska

Newly Enlightened
Must buy cat........must buy cat..........besides they have awesome nightvision.

AE Powerlight is on the way........hehehehe..............
Might order the Electrolumens Pentalux next week.................MAKE IT STOP!:ohgeez:

carrot

Flashaholic
Mike Painter said:
No, No, NONONONONO.
This place has cost me to much money already.
I AM NOT GOING TO BUY A CAT.

Group buy! Group buy!

My cat likes my Blauer policeman's jacket more than my lights. He sleeps in it.

stuartyr

Newly Enlightened
Bono is fond of customs and refuses to go near anything with less than 500 lumens...... :D

p1000221small4bz.jpg

Radio

Modulated Moderator
Purebred "Heidi-Ho" Maine Coons, They love all my lights, they think the sun is shining on them and curl up and go to sleep, They love to play with the red lazer pointer, It is their favorite toy and they actually beg to play with it, they will open the door to the bedroom ( yes, they stand on their hind legs and hold the doorknob in their paws and turn it, both cats can do this, they also sleep on TOP of doors, Coons are crazy and BIG, largest domesticated cats in N. America ) and try to pull it off the nightstand and will carry it to me, They also play fetch like a dog.I am Intersted in picking up a Norwegian Forest cat if anyone has one to trade for a light, LOL, as this is it's closest kin, the Coons were believed to be brought to N. America by the Vikings so they are genetically related. Don't get me started on cats, We used to breed pursians but they are so much work and not nearly as much fun as Coon cats!!!

Radio luvs his Cats!!!

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
My Daughter has told me the father of my cat is a Maine Coon. Zorro is black, with short hair, but he is huge. Zorro is a skinny 16 pounds. When I'm at the computer, Zorro gets my attention by tapping my shoulder, while standing on the floor. I'm 6' 2". Zorro can look and reach for food on the dining room table, also while standing on the floor. He used to try turning the door knobs, but they are too slippery for him to turn, and he doesn't do that anymore. Zorro will tackle me, in the middle of the night, when I'm going to or coming back from the john. Slams right into my thigh. I swear, one of these nights, I'm going to have a heart attack, when he does that. He fetches too. I use white plastic soda caps for play, and he'll drop it at my feet, when it's time to play. I throw them in the kitchen, and it's so funny to see him slide across the linoleum, into the cabinet. He's brings it right back, and we do it again. Don't know what I'd do, without my Zorro.

oldgrandpajack

PS: Careful with doing cat shadows. I used to point the light at Zorro, as he walked away, into the kitchen. Made a huge moving cat shadow on the cabinets. Zorro would rise up on his hind legs, and charge the shadow. I thought it was great fun. After that, Zorro started marking his territory. Whew!

Radio

Modulated Moderator
oldgrandpajack, I laughed soooo hard when I read your post that my wife came in from the other room to see what was going on, she thinks I'm nuts anyway, but now we are talking about cats on CPF, that really got her attention, yes Coons are big cats that think they are dogs, They stay playful throughout their lives and live very long easily reaching over 20 years in age. I have some photos of the cats sleeping on top of the doors, people don't belive it even after they see it, a 20lb cat sleeping on top of a door an inch wide, they actually leap from the counter top onto the open door, you should see it swing when they land on it, when they jump off to the floor it sounds like a body hitting the floor :)

rkonieska

Newly Enlightened
Hey Radio, thought I knew cats.....dem Coon catz is huge..............one site had one standing on it's hind legs and looked to be 3 1/2 to 4 feet tall OMG...

How's the food bill.........HEHEHEHEE:wow: