peak led solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bramer

Newly Enlightened
maybe this is the wrong place to ask this but why does peak advertise
"Minority owned" What exactly is a minority? Does this mean they make better lights because they are a minority? Does it mean they can sell at lower prices because they get tax incentives from the government? hasn't that trump card has been overplayed. Minority owned? I think I will buy elsewhere.

Super Dave

Newly Enlightened
It doesn't bother me. I've purchased three of their lights. Plus, I also think a woman is in charge. More power to them.
Aloha,
DF

lebox97

Enlightened
that's a pretty harsh statement - if you don't know what it means?
:grouphug:
"businesses owned by women, Blacks, persons of Hispanic or Latin American ancestry, and persons of Asian, Pacific Islander, American Indian, or Alaska Native descent." it as an accounting practice for small businesses (yes, there are probably tax incentives, etc for both them, their suppliers, Bank/SBA business loans, and large corporate and government entities to buy from them) -

otherwise who cares how they incoporated their business - unless you wish to make an investment in them... they make GREAT lights!
:rock:
http://www.investorwords.com/3067/minority_ownership.html

bramer said:
... hasn't that trump card has been overplayed. Minority owned? I think I will buy elsewhere.

Last edited:

amphipolis

Newly Enlightened
bramer said:
Minority owned? I think I will buy elsewhere.

This maybe isn't the best reason to avoid purchasing a particular product. If you think there is a problem with a product, or you don't like their business practices (as in you disagree how they test a product, or don't like an organization to which they donate money), then those are more valid reasons to avoid patronizing a business. But buying elsewhere based on ownership is not the greatest reason and it is, as lebox stated, rather harsh.

(edit)spelling and grammar(/edit)

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
bramer said:
"Minority owned" What exactly is a minority? Does this mean they make better lights because they are a minority? Does it mean they can sell at lower prices because they get tax incentives from the government? hasn't that trump card has been overplayed. Minority owned? I think I will buy elsewhere.

bramer...if you choose to buy somewhere else because of the "minority owned" statement, that's your prerogative...as well as your loss. Peak LED Solutions makes some of the finest compact LED flashlights on the market, and IMHO has just about the best customer service of ANY company I've ever dealt with. If they are a minority owned company, there could be a SLEW of reasons why it's advertised: it could be a requirement for tax purposes; it could be that they're proud of the fact that they're a successful "minority owned" business...which they have a right to be. Whatever the reason is, Peak has EARNED a VERY respectable reputation here at CPF as well as in the business community...and I find your statement to be more than just a little narrow-minded, and quite offensive. Oh well...whatever "floats yer boat". Like I said, it's your loss...

PJD

Yooper

Enlightened
:thinking: :huh2:

cpf is the most bizarre online community I have experienced. The spectrum stretches from the most friendly and helpful, just plain nice people around to the pissiest whiners I have witnessed. In fact the population seems to be bimodal with widely spaces peaks - either you're really nice or an asshat.

whatever :poke:

Lmtfi

Newly Enlightened
bramer said:

Feel free to buy lights elsewhere - but Peak makes fine lights, has excellent business practices and does much to put great value lights in the hands of enthusiasts.

Your rant does nothing to harm Peak's excellent reuptation. If you have some pent-up frustration related to a firm affirming that they are minority owned (or veteran owned, woman owned etc) then I suggest that *you* are the one with an issue. Look within.

FYI: I expect that some part of Peak's business is federal, Dept. of Defense and state/local law enforcement. Contracting officers who make buying decision have clear requirements to support small and disadvantaged businesses (SDB) within certain parameters. Hundreds of thousands of SDBs note their SDB status to help purchasing agents in this regard.

Translation: The minority-owned notation wasn't written for you. Get over it.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can someone please explain? does it mean that all different ethnicities are involved in the production of these great lights?

-David

Kiessling

Flashaholic
This thread is better off in a closed state.

For further questions regarding Peak Led Solutions please use the appropriate forum.
For questions regarding business regulations this is not the right place.

If you want to continue this discussion use the Underground.

bernhard

Status
Not open for further replies.