Flashaholism and the dog house

hquan

Enlightened
We went to our 1st prenatal appointment today and the doc took ultrasound pics of our 1st baby (due in July). Later on today, I took our dog to the dog park. When I got home, my wife asked me what people thought about our flashlight (surefire G2 that came in this week). I regaled her with stories about how impressed everyone was - not realizing that I was being set up. She then asked what people thought about our ultrasound baby pics... My response was... um.....:ohgeez: She then said - "You didn't talk about our baby did you?" ME: um.....:ohgeez:

Then she went off on how I'm more excited about my D**N flashlight than about our coming baby... Which isn't true - it's just that I can show people my flashlight whereas I only have a picture of our baby...

Needless to say, I'm now in the dog house. How has your flashaholism gotten you into the dog house - and more importantly, how'd you get out?

SCblur

Enlightened
That is hilarious...you had me laughing. Great story. Not that I'm trying to derive pleasure from your pain, but I just had to laugh thinking to myself, "I can see that happening to me with my wife." Thanks for sharing

rkonieska

Newly Enlightened
Ok, Say this with a straight face, "I'm sorry, you were right, It'll never happen again".................If you keep repeating it like a Mantra it should come natually.

Of course I'm the wrong guy to help.............Several friends and myself have made up a little club. Manpigs...........one friend has even gone so far as to call his motorcycle shop MPI choppers..........."Manpig Inc" And I put Manpig plates on my Trans am. We made up the little saying above. Remember to look down when you use it.

Ok don't say anything and just nod.....and order another flashlight. You can always offer to do Mods to the Ultra sound machine.

Good Luck and share the blanky with the dog. :awman:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Don't sweat it. Eventually you will develop a taste for Alpo.

doggie.gif

hquan

Enlightened
SCblur said:
That is hilarious...you had me laughing. Great story. Not that I'm trying to derive pleasure from your pain, but I just had to laugh thinking to myself, "I can see that happening to me with my wife." Thanks for sharing

It is actually pretty funny. I wonder what troubles the coming tigerlight and HDS U60 will bring.:ohgeez: By the way, SCBlur - I does your wife will think this this story is funny - or does she just get a pained look and walk away shaking her head?:nana:

I actually got out of the dog house by disposing of many bags of puke (she's had a rough night). I'm actually already sharing a room with our dog - sleeping on the couch - as I make her sea sick when I move around on the bed. At least there's no worries that the dog will puke on me. If this keeps up, it's gonna be a looonngg 7 more months..:help:

By the way, what's WAPCE?

hquan

Enlightened
LuxLuthor said:
Don't sweat it. Eventually you will develop a taste for Alpo.

doggie.gif

Believe it or not, our dog eats a premium food that's made of stuff like dried blueberries, dried parsley, all sorts of vitamins, etc. - many of the ingredients are organic. She eats just about better than we do - I've never had dried blueberries - they're too expensive for my taste. One day, I'll have to try her food just to see how they taste!:whistle:

SCblur

Enlightened
Actually, my wife is well aware that i am attracted to all sorts of gadgets, including flashlights, but I try to keep my hobby time limited to times when she's not around. I find that this makes her much much more tolerant of my *expensive* hobbies (Mountain biking, Macintosh computers, camping equipment, anything in stainless steel or titanium, and now, flashlights) when she doesn't feel in any way that she is competing with my hobbies for my attention. Sure, sometimes she thinks I'm a little weird, and I guess I am. But she doesn't mind, because she gets my undivided attention when she asks for it. But hquan, I laugh because I can TOTALLY see my wife nailing me on a trap like that one. I'll have to watch out for that one...

hquan

Enlightened
SCblur said:
I try to keep my hobby time limited to times when she's not around.

Better be careful to not have an EDC - because you'll always be tempted to play with it and show it off... Then we can all learn lessons from how you got busted!:lolsign:

SCblur

Enlightened
True. If I do happen to get busted, I'll post it here, so I can be of some help to everybody else.

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
You need some ice cream, some chocolate, a flak jacket, and a helmet with a face shield. Things might get interesting for a while. . .

Scott

LowWorm

Enlightened
hquan said:
I actually got out of the dog house by disposing of many bags of puke (she's had a rough night). I'm actually already sharing a room with our dog - sleeping on the couch - as I make her sea sick when I move around on the bed. At least there's no worries that the dog will puke on me. If this keeps up, it's gonna be a looonngg 7 more months..:help:

Hquan, maybe I can help you get out of the dog house. Have your wife check with her OB/GYN first, but 1/2 a Unisom tablet before bedtime does wonders for pregnancy-related nausea for a lot of women (kind of tempers that "sea-sickness" feeling). Some doctors also recommend a dosage of vitamin B6 along with it, but that never helped me.

If it works, you can tell her you got the tip from someone from CPF, and that if you had never gotten addicted to lights in the first place, she'd still be super pukey and miserable.

P.S. Congratulations!

Last edited:

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
SCblur said:
AI find that this makes her much much more tolerant of my *expensive* hobbies (Mountain biking, Macintosh computers, camping equipment, anything in stainless steel or titanium, and now, flashlights)

Aha, I knew you ride a Blur the minute I saw your user name...the devil recognizes his own kind...

Incidentally I'm also a Mac Addict.

cbxer55

Enlightened
If my wife knew that I paid $270.00 for a flashlight, I would have to make permanent residence in the doghouse. Unfortunately we have no doghouse? So then where does one go??:naughty:

Last edited:

hquan

Enlightened
LowWorm said:
Hquan, maybe I can help you get out of the dog house. Have your wife check with her OB/GYN first, but 1/2 a Unisom tablet before bedtime does wonders for pregnancy-related nausea for a lot of women (kind of tempers that "sea-sickness" feeling). Some doctors also recommend a dosage of vitamin B6 along with it, but that never helped me.

If it works, you can tell her you got the tip from someone from CPF, and that if you had never gotten addicted to lights in the first place, she'd still be super pukey and miserable.

P.S. Congratulations!

Thanks! The doc offered to prescribe some anti nausea drugs - but she refused. She is determine not to take any medication. She's pretty close to the 2nd trimester and is expecting the nausea to go away. B6 and ginger isn't doing any good for her either.

By the way, the cause of her nausea is pretty interesting - if I remember is correctly, it is caused by pregnancy induced swelling of the fluid in her inner ear - so movement causes her to puke. It's very similar to vertigo or sea sickness.

hquan

Enlightened
cbxer55 said:
If my wife knew that I paid $270.00 for a flashlight, I would have to make permanent residence in the doghouse. Unfortunately we have no doghouse? So then where does one go??:naughty:

CBXer55
Oklahoma City

Perhaps you should go to the cat house?:crackup: On second thought, if you do, don't tell her you got that from CPF - she might come after us.:xyxgun:

nutz_about_lights

Enlightened
Tough luck dude.

Probably pregnant women are more jumpy than normal ones. A nice sorry and a hug and maybe a nice dinner should make it up. Congrats on being on the way to becoming a dad!

And maybe you could, (though this may sound stupid), stick the ultrasound baby pics on your G2... That way she won't be saying that everyone looks at your flashlight first...

The SHTF real fast. :naughty:

For the nauseousness, asians normally have something sour (like some preserved fruit) to chew on. Somehow it makes them feel better.

Good luck though.

Last edited:

cbxer55

Enlightened
hquan said:
Perhaps you should go to the cat house?:crackup: On second thought, if you do, don't tell her you got that from CPF - she might come after us.:xyxgun:

HMMMM!! I been to one of them, been a while though! Bout 12 years or so. IN Nevada, around about Carson City, NICE PLACE!!:naughty:

Last edited: