Streamlight ARGO HP

bonhomme

Newly Enlightened
Hello, i have this light with 2 123A lithium cells.
Someone did write that the beam is not so good: indeed: with the 1W luxeon site-emitter it has a donut hole in the beam.
So i placed a 3W luxeon (from my nuwai Q3) in the argo: trow is verry good and more sidespill, i like it mutch better now.
But i have a question: with the 3W lux instead of the 1W lux: how about my battery life?
And is it better to underdrive the lux3 or must i place a 1W lux (no site-emitter)?
Thanks Marc
Sorry for my poor english.

bonhomme

Newly Enlightened
Hello, is there nobody who can help me?I have measured 270mA on full brightness with my ampmeter in series with the 2 123A cells.This is the same current as with the luxeon I, so i think the runtime wil be the same. But a Lux III needs more volts then a Lux I (+-3.7V luxIII /3.2V luxI) so i think when the batteries go down under 3.7V, the luxIII will dim, and if i use a luxI this will happen at 3.2V i think??? So is my runtime shorter with the luxIII then with the luxI (same currntcomsumption)?
And what about heat? With the luxIII installed (6v x 0.27A =1.62Watt-??? lost in the stepdown=+-1W in the luxIII = not warm)
But if i replace it with the 1Wlux i think i will be hotter?
What is the best i can do? LuxI or LuxIII (no side-emitter:bad throw).
Thanks Marc

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
well...

i'm not sure how adding a differnet LED to the ArgoHP would affect it... The one Argo HP i have seen didn't have a donut but had slight distortions in the spill beam....

sorry i can't be more of help maybe someone else will chime in!