Picking a Surefire led light

Cool Hand

Newly Enlightened
Well I'm pretty new, I am going to take the dive for a surefire. I have decided on an LED model, but which one is the brightest? Just from the specs I see the L2 shows 100 lumens on high…..Well I guess a better question for you guys would be, which has the brightest spot? I am not much interested in a flood beam. For as good as surefire's information and measurements are, they never define what the beam looks like.

So without chewing your ears off, is the L2 the brightest spot type light?

Personal preferences are welcome. Thank you.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Well, I like my SF.L2 since it definitely is BRIGHT and a WOL (Wall of Light). But you did mention that you are "not much interested in a flood beam." This doesn't have the throw but more of the short to medium range use which I like because it lights up the surrounding area near me. Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

BBL

Enlightened
The most throw would offer the KL3 - according to flashlightreviews.com 3000lux - closing on the P60.

nobody

Newly Enlightened
For a little over $100, you can get both a new style KL-3 LED head along with a new 6P, giving you an excellent throw LED as well as flexibility of a kickass incandescent light. The KL-3 head is not a wall washer, it throws a pretty tight spot because of the optical lens.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
nobody said:
For a little over $100, you can get both a new style KL-3 LED head along with a new 6P, giving you an excellent throw LED as well as flexibility of a kickass incandescent light. The KL-3 head is not a wall washer, it throws a pretty tight spot because of the optical lens.
Indeed you have suggested a GREAT combo for the price!! :thumbsup:

sidpost

Newly Enlightened
Does the L4 through a good Wall Of Light and still have good throw?

Specifically, does it have enough throw and a hot spot to be defensive in a shopping mall parking lot?

Does it have enough spread to see Rattlesnakes at the edge of sidewalk curled up beneth a bush?

I had an Inova X1 which I learned to really dislike because of its tight "spotlight" beam. The SureFire E2 I had long ago was a good light until it got turned on accidently in its holster one day in my friend Corvette. It burned my finger when I tried to turn it off. I'm not sure where I threw it. P.S. I think that "lock-out" tail cap is a requirement now. I wish I had one back then.