I recived a new LED chip you guys will be interested in!

Nuker-

Newly Enlightened
It is a single piece, With aluminum heatsink allready attached, 1watt, 8 emmiters, This one is white in color output. Dimentions are 1.5inch wide by 3/10s of an inch tall at the highest point.
Enjoy
Nuker-
LED3.JPG

LED2.JPG

LED1.JPG

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, what are you going to do with this? Where did you score this and who is the maker of the LEDs?

Nuker-

Newly Enlightened
I recived this 1 piece as a sample from,

Hui Yuan Electronic Factory

4F, No. 8-3
Xiqu Industrial Road
Jiangmen
Guangdong
China 529000
Tel: (86 750) 3520121
Fax: (86 750) 3564748

I was thinking about attempting to make a fairly powerful LED flashlight. Here is also the specs on this piece from the manufacture,
Key Specifications/Special Features:

• Emitting color: white
  • Lens color: water clear
  • Current voltage: 6.5-8.0V
  • Current electricity: 350mA
  • Brightness: 100-128lm
  • Angle: 60 degrees
  • We also offer yellow, green, blue, white goods

Nuker-

Newly Enlightened
On their website they state it is 10Watts I assume they are outputting a little over 1W each in that case. Would anyone be able to help me figure out how to power this chip? Seems to take a lot of current.
Thanks
Nuker-

InfidelCastro

Banned
I was thinking it was either meant for a 2X123 (6V) light with a step up circuit or a 3X123 light with a step down circuit?

My total novice guess would be that you could power it with 3 123A lithiums and the right sized resistor in series?

Nuker-

Newly Enlightened
Hello Thanks for your reply,
I would think stepping down a slight bit from 9V 3x 123s would be best for light output right? Are 123 cells capable of putting out 350mA? Also what would you guys house this chip in?
Thanks
Nuker-

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
The numbers don't add up. Wattage is volts times amps. do it's about 2.5 watts assuming .35 amps and 7 volts.

2.5 / 8 = .3 watts per led, so that's somewhat reasonable.

I'd ask for verification of the specs.

Daniel

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's difficult to tell from the photo, however, Those look like superflux LEDs (power level is between a 5mm and a Luxeon). You see these in taillight assemblies (busses, trucks, trailers...).

Last edited:

InfidelCastro

Banned
Nuker- said:
Hello Thanks for your reply,
I would think stepping down a slight bit from 9V 3x 123s would be best for light output right? Are 123 cells capable of putting out 350mA? Also what would you guys house this chip in?
Thanks
Nuker-

I don't know, but you specs you quoted said 6.5 - 8V so I wouldn't want to put more than 8V on them if the specs you quoted are correct.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
That picture makes me wish there was a bigger such circuit that could fit into a modified reflector of a Thor.

Luna

Enlightened
LowBat said:
That picture makes me wish there was a bigger such circuit that could fit into a modified reflector of a Thor.

Now you have done it. There goes the surplus of 1watters and nx01s :)