I think I’m out of getting new lights for a while

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I have the zebra and my ts10 lights I think there both great . Zebra is mind blowing the efficiency it has. The light it gives me at around 1.3 mA is very good. As much as I'd love new lights I think I'd be smarter saving the cash for fixing my home up and perhaps eye surgery . But I for sure won't leave this hobby because I love you all and reading about new light no incans however lol. But I understand why some love them. . Perhaps if a new led emiter comes out that is even more efficient I'll jump back into buying it lol. God I love efficiency. ..it's my jam as the young people say lol not leavening the forum just trying to be more smart with my money. Till I get in a better position financially. .and I like you all to much to leave and I have fun reading about ya lights .

Last edited:

Lights and Guns

Newly Enlightened
Nothing wrong with that.
I'm pretty much done with buying lights as frequently as I had throughout the past.
I've found over the years that there really is no need.

I tend to carry the same few lights daily. A total of 4 lights. HDS rotary and 3 different Modlites.
Over the past 4 years or so, I've noticed this trend. So I went ahead and sold off most of my other lights. Ones that just sat around collecting dust. I didn't see a need to keep them anymore.
I do have larger lights, that I keep either in my JEEP / at home in night stand in case of blackouts / prolonged power outages / emergencies ect.
I have roughly 3 of these bigger crazy capable - multi cell lights.

Basically have gotten my collection down to about 10-11 lights in total.
3 of which I rotate through and carry daily EDC and 1 dedicated to and left at work.
3 larger lights that sit at home (one usually in my JEEP) for emergencies.
and I'd say about 3-4 other smaller lights I keep around mainly to lend to family members in the event of a blackout or other type of emergency. Lights that are super solid and reliable, but won't be missed by me because I'll be covered with my other primary lights.

After selling other lights I didn't need ... I was able to indulge in building up a nice little storage of batteries. So even though the power might go out, I'll be able to keep my lights going for a long time even without the capability to recharge spent cells, which I feel is overlooked by many.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I can get a bit ocd about things lol. And lights are my jam. Because they do serve a purpose. I mean they help us see things in the dark and my lights with rgb cheer me up . Not sure why but they just do. Love my ts10 titanium. I leave the rgb on rainbow

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can get a bit ocd about things lol. And lights are my jam. Because they do serve a purpose. I mean they help us see things in the dark and my lights with rgb cheer me up . Not sure why but they just do. Love my ts10 titanium. I leave the rgb on rainbow

I like RGB lights too... however I can appreciate your position and haven't purchased anything since the LED Lenser (green bodged output) late last year, the lights I have are more than adequate for my needs.

Setting a financial plan (budgeting) is a good move and eye surgery would be at the top of anyone's priority list, home repairs never seem to end so keeping up on those is an excellent idea as well... if you have DIY skills it helps to keep costs down.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I once took a long break from CPF after the NSA spying in 2013. I was back briiefly in 2018 and then wasn't back until BLF stopped working on my phone when they changed forum software.

If you aren't active on CPF you may get like one light a year, you know as you need it.

Away from here I got like Petzl headlamp for night walks, a Suprabeam penlight for tech work, a Led Lenser F1 to use with my CCW, etc. It really isn't as much fun being away but you save a lot of money. I could quit today and have many lifetimes of lights and bulbs but this hobby is at a very good price point for now. Like where I would spend $500-1500 on a gun I can spend $50-200 for a flashlight that has good build quality and is an interesting thing to play around with. Watches are far worse in that I can't even touch the best watches but the top end of lights is less than $2000.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
May start saving for a new therapist . Long as I don't have to take meds.. them meds suck I couldn't pee or pass stools easily I'm sure they also raised my Bp. I rather be sad then can't pee lol

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't Worry...

Pee Happy!!!

LOLz
200.gif

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Hey Raggie,

I stopped buying lights in 2019. I had less than 10k posts back then. Money went for other things, but this site was still a good place to hang out because of members like you.

It was weird at first, not mentioning all the new lights added to an otherwise ridiculous collection. I know others who stopped too but they still hang around.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Plenty of vintage lights out there to throw your money at, raggie.
Etsy is a decent place to start. Have fun. :)

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I have the zebra and my ts10 lights I think there both great . Zebra is mind blowing the efficiency it has. The light it gives me at around 1.3 mA is very good. As much as I'd love new lights I think I'd be smarter saving the cash for fixing my home up and perhaps eye surgery . But I for sure won't leave this hobby because I love you all and reading about new light no incans however lol. But I understand why some love them. . Perhaps if a new led emiter comes out that is even more efficient I'll jump back into buying it lol. God I love efficiency. ..it's my jam as the young people say lol not leavening the forum just trying to be more smart with my money. Till I get in a better position financially. .and I like you all to much to leave and I have fun reading about ya lights .
Raggie, I don't know what kind of eye surgery you're considering, but if it's LASIK, please consider PRK instead. LASIK is still sketchy.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
It's weird it's like my glasses will be dirty but I'll clean them and I still don't see to welll up close is the worse. And low light sucks. It's like my eyes are dirty lol. . I went to Walmart eye doctor in July got new glasses they helped a bit. But the stupid weird bi focal ones I got from there make me dizzy there like bifocal but with more focus points

raggie33

*the raggedier*
That's just life some days is better .but can't build computers no more to many small parts