Food Review : Cape Cod Potato Chips

L.E.D.

Enlightened
I bought a bag of the 40% reduced fat chips. They're apparently kettle cooked and flash baked. They taste real good, a very light crispy texture to them and superior taste even to Lay's. Throw is about on par with an SL Propoly 4AA Lux.

spock

Enlightened
had cape cod and they are great! also try "kettle" brand with pepper at krogers. they come in a brown bag and are found in the health food section. they are not with the other potato chips. eat slowly as they are hard in texture.

Literator

Newly Enlightened
I love the darker russet style Cape Cods. Man, these are great. It's easy to eat a whole bag at once sitting, but much of the bag is air to try to keep the chips from getting crushed, so I can't feel too guilty.

--Bob

L.E.D.

Enlightened
Quote:
Originally posted by Malpaso:
Watch out for the spill.

LMAO!!! No, seriously though, these chips are really good, I just wanted to throw something totally off and random in there and see if and how the posters would react. The aroma of these chips is very good as well, not overwhelming like some *other* brands I know of.

Last edited:

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Empath said:
?????????????

You make light with potato chips?

Actually, sometime if you are out camping and have a nice small fire going, throw 1 or 2 plain pringles in and watch what happens. You'll be astounded!

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Speaking as a person who loves to burn stuff, and also as one who's fire pit is under snow, I have to ask..?
What happens?
Please don't make me try it on my stove.. :naughty:
zespectre said:
Actually, sometime if you are out camping and have a nice small fire going, throw 1 or 2 plain pringles in and watch what happens. You'll be astounded!

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll get a bright yellow/white flame that rises up about 20-30 inches and illuminates about a 35 foot radius for about 45-65 seconds per chip and produces enough heat to make you back up. It's EXTREMELY impressive (nobody ever believes me until they see it in person).

drizzle

Enlightened
zespectre said:
You'll get a bright yellow/white flame that rises up about 20-30 inches and illuminates about a 35 foot radius for about 45-65 seconds per chip and produces enough heat to make you back up. It's EXTREMELY impressive (nobody ever believes me until they see it in person).
Whee! I have to try that next time I'm out camping.

As for the chips. I have to consciously resist buying the salt and pepper ones. I love the flavor but they upset my stomach terribly. :(

I just bought a bag from Costco (you would think I live there from all of my posts that mention it) called Mystic Chips. They have a similar great flavor as the Cape Cod chips but are thin like Lays. Best of both worlds, IMHO.

J_Oei

Enlightened
We buy them direct from the factory, by the case.
My son has extremem food allergies, and these chips are one of the few snacks that he can eat. Something to do with the kind of oil that they use, and the fact that there are no peanuts processed in the plant that makes the chips.

Lightmeup

Enlightened
I tried CC once but the ones I got were very hard, didn't like them too much.

My favorites are "Peerless" potato chips, made by a small company in Gary, Indiana. I would not expect anyone to have heard of them, but they are fantastic.