New to the forum, just wanted to say Hello!

xintensex

Newly Enlightened
First off this forum is amazing, I never knew there was a site dedicated to the love of flash lights, I too have a thing for bright lights, I dont have any really good ones yet, soon I will, My collection Brinkman 9 Led, I have Element from Sams, and Cyclops from Sams, What do you think should be my next?

Thanks Brian

onlinewarlord

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to CPF!

Judging from your list of lights I would say that you might want to consider a smallish sized pocket light.

The Fenix L1P is popular around these parts. Its a fairly cheap (for CPF standards very cheap) light, relatively bright and overall a nice little light.

Enjoy your stay at CPF it will be an expensive one.

Fringe

Enlightened
Welcome.

Start saving for a Mclux III PD. You will never ever regret it.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
First of all welcome to the forum :) I hope you will enjoy your membership!

Fenix L1P and Fenix L2P are both nice flashlights for a reasonable price. Check out the threads of 4sevens, he distributes these flashlights on CPF :)

xintensex

Newly Enlightened
Yeah Thanks, I just got the Brinkman, it looks to be a nice flash light, but it has 9 Leds, does this mean that it's not is bright is a 1 led flash light, I thought maybe because it was 9 leds it would be a good one, But in my opinion I think it is way to to think, I like thin flash lights, I didnt have much of a selction at Target, They did have Inove flash lights and River Creek 1.5 watt led, Does anyone know how many watts my Brinkman led light has? I did look at them Fenix before nice flash light might consder that one the next, and I will check that Mclux III PD

Thanks Brian

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it has 9 LEDs, then they are 5mm LEDs, which will most likely not be as bright as a properly driven 1 watt Luxeon light (like the Fenix). Without even knowing what kind of output the Brinkman has, I think it's safe to say a Fenix L1P or L2P will blow it away in terms of brightness and overall output, though the Brinkman will likely be a little bit floodier. You might take a look at the 3 and 5 watt LED flashlights, too (like the suggested Mclux III PD). If you don't want to spend too, too much, then I'd recommend the 3 and 5 watt selection made by Nuwai. I think they've proven themselves already to be a good value for one's money.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it has 9 LEDs, then they are 5mm LEDs, which will most likely not be as bright as a properly driven 1 watt Luxeon light (like the Fenix). Without even knowing what kind of output the Brinkman has, I think it's safe to say a Fenix L1P or L2P will blow it away in terms of brightness and overall output, though the Brinkman will likely be a little bit floodier. You might take a look at the 3 and 5 watt LED flashlights, too (like the suggested Mclux III PD). If you don't want to spend too, too much, then I'd recommend the 3 and 5 watt selection made by Nuwai. I think they've proven themselves already to be a good value for one's money.

One more thing, Welcome!

nethiker

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF. :wave:

First off, you definately need a small light or two, perhaps three. One to EDC, one as a backup, and possibly one you don't mind lending to someone else. The Fenix, Arc, HDS, Jill and Peak are all good companies to look at. Once you are comfortable that your EDC needs are met, then I would branch off and explore the more powerful options-- U2, SF M3,M4,M6, or perhaps the roast a marshmellow powerful USL.

You may be rolling your eyes right now, but seriously, if you stick around this will begin to sound normal. If you ever start to feel like you are going overboard, just look at this guy and feel good about yourself. Sorry Jtice, couldn't resist. :grin2:

One of the CPF'ers here made a great site with lots of info and links to all things flashlights. I highly recommend checking out flashlightnews.com to help get yourself up to speed on the best flashaholism has to offer.

See ya around the forum.

Greg

xintensex

Newly Enlightened
Trashman said:

One more thing, Welcome!

Where's the cheapest place to buy the Mclux III PD?
Thanks

xintensex

Newly Enlightened
Trashman said:

One more thing, Welcome!

Where's the cheapest place to buy the Mclux III PD?
Thanks

xintensex

Newly Enlightened
Wow custom made, them flashlights are sweet, but too much money right now, maybe I will try a Nuwai:)

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
Go for a Surefire G2. Cheap ($35), well-made, and it's a Surefire. Can hardly go wrong there. It takes lithium 123A cells... which you can get for $1 each from Amondotech.com or Batterystation.com. Replacement lamps will run you about $17, but they last a *very* long time in comparison to Mag bulbs -- 25+ hours compared to 5 or less.

It's probably one of the best values out there, too.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Welcome to CPF, intense, why dontcha stay awhile!

Great suggestions already, you might as well just empty yer wallet right now and kiss it goodbye!

daloosh

Css2000

Newly Enlightened
Hello, and welcome to the forum. I'm new also, and have already lost my wallet to one 1D Mag mod project, and an Inova XO, and to make things worse, I want the Pelican M6 2390, Fenix L2p, Streamlight Strion, and of course the Surefire M6. I don't know what the hell I'm going to do.:help: Run while you still can LOL. Anyways, As for what light to get, Ive only handled a few. My brother just got an Inova T3, and the quality/performance is unbelieveable for 45-50 bucks (Ebay). It inspired my most recent purchase of the Inova X0, which I should be receiving shortly:naughty:. If you want Quality/long runtime in a LED solution, I would suggest the Inova T2. It has very nice flat 5 hour 100% regulated runtime with impressive output/runtime ratio for size. So, there you have it, good luck and hold on to the wallet:grin2:

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome aboard! What Fringe said and hold unto your wallet!

bguy

Newly Enlightened
Howdy,

So, are you looking for LED, or incan? And what price range? There are so many variations in the type, style, purpose of lights, and cost, that it's hard for anyone to suggest just one bright one. I didn't see flashlight reviews mentioned, so here it is http://www.flashlightreviews.com/
Since you were shopping at Target, remember they have a 90 day return policy. So you can buy all the lights you want to try, and return any you don't like.

It seems you are starting out with sub $30 lights. I'd suggest getting the Streamlight ProPoly Luxeon 4AA. You can get it from Fox International for less than $30 shipped (+tax in OH&TX).