How is your Fenix LOP holding up?

bluewater

Newly Enlightened
Sorry if this has been covered yet....I couldn't find the answer.

The LOP has been around a few weeks now. Is the anno better than the L1P?
Is it showing wear from your keys? Certainly in time it'll look rough....even ArcAAA's took a beating from keys after a while.

Blair

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine still looks great. The "scratches" that have appeared on the sides are actually streaks of metal from my keys, not gouges in the anodized. They wipe right off.

The only appreciable wear is around the hole where the split ring goes.

VWTim

Enlightened
I don't wear mine on my keys, but it is in a pocket sharing the space. I've got a little wear around the ring hole too, but the sides are holding up great with no wear.

bucken

Enlightened
Mine gets carried in a side pocket with an Arc AAA (just can't seem to part with it, yet), knife, lighter, and various other metals. Still looks like new. No scratches or marks whatsoever.

ledled

Newly Enlightened
It's on my keychain & now looks older than my 3yrs old Arc AAA now. I don't mind all the scratches as long as its functional.

roknrandy

Newly Enlightened
Gotta bring an old question back to life.....It's been over 6 months now, Are these lights still doing ok? I'd like to get a couple for christmas gifts but wanted to make sure they would hold up for the everyday carry.

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been carrying mine every day in my front pocket with my change (and we Canadians have a lot of change [$1 and $2 coins]) for five months (https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/107554).

The anodizing is in good shape overall but has worn off on the sharp corners at the head and at the back edge of the knurling. I have the body covered with heat shrink tubing so it is still in mint condition. No scratches or dings in the flat areas of the anodizing.

It might be wearing a bit faster than my Arc AAA but not by much. So I'm still a happy camper.

Greg

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
The anodizing at the tail edges shows a bit of wear on mine, but the light is so functional and bright that I don't mind at all. I've retired my better-wearing old Arc AAA Standard to power outage duty clipped to a baseball cap. By the time the wear on the anodizing becomes a significant issue, I'm sure Fenix will have newer and better models.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same thing here, some wear on the sharp edges, a little more wear on the tail due to the splitrings and I have a dent on the head because I dropped my key once on concrete floor (I made this dent the first day :(). I carry it every day since may.