• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Aluminum Bronze light bodies for sale

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys,

I have a few light bodies for sale...

First is this one...
picture.JPG

picture.JPG

This is for the light body only. It is turned of aluminum bronze and is sammie compatible. It has a brass collar, mineral glass lens, and IMS 17mm reflector. I actually carried this one for a while, so it has a couple of dings in it, but I couldn't capture them in the pics. My camera sucks. It is a single speed light, although I did run it for a while using a POP based sammie and a li-ion batt. It runs on 123 size batts. I'm asking $125 for the light body including shipping via either Priority mail with DC or Global Priority. BTW, the price does not include the McGizmo clip.

***SOLD***The second one...
picture.JPG

picture.JPG

This is a Cr2 based light. With this one, it is what it is. It has a home made light engine in it that is of a non standard size, so you can't swap it out, unless I make you another. It has a MadMax+ converter with a TWOH sitting on top of it. It is also turned of aluminum bronze, with the light engine being made of aluminum and brass. It has a mineral glass lens and McR16 reflector. I'm asking $225 for this light, including Priority Mail with DC or Global Priority Mail.

The emitter that I used is a joker. Before turning a bit off of the bottom of the reflector, I just put it together to see what it looked. After seeing the beam, I decided to leave it alone. Although the beam is a bit less intense, it makes a beautiful transition from hotspot to spill and really lends itself to types of situations for which you might use a light this size.

***SOLD***The last one...
picture.JPG

picture.JPG

Again, this is an aluminum bronze light. It is Cr2 based and is Aleph LE compatible. This is for the light body only. It has a mineral glass lens, with a McR16 reflector. This light is a bit unique in that you twist the knob on the back to turn it on. Although I haven't tried it, I'm sure that it will work with a POP based LE and li-ion cell. I'm asking $175 for the light body, including Priority Mail with DC or Global Priority.

A note about this light is that I have it spaced to run properly according to the way that I put the button on my Light engines. The way that I do it is to make the solder blob, or button, even with the bottom edge of the can. If this is a problem for you, I'll "fix" your light engine, free of charge. If you need an LE, ask about it.

If you want one of the above lights, just post with an "I'll take it," and PM me for payment details. FYI, I accept payment by paypal and I do charge 4% for credit card payments.

Last edited:

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys better jump on these. If it wasn't for saving what I have for ShotShow I would be getting the last one.
Chops work is excellent. You will not be disapointed.

Great looking work as usuall Chop

mut

Paper Lawyer

Newly Enlightened
Chop, could you post the approx dimensions of your first light please? Would it be ok with a Nexgen 750mA TWOH and a rechargeable R123 (I have such a sandwich currently in a maglite which I could salvage)? To the flashlight newbie, how minor is a "ding"? Knowing you flashaholics, are we simply talking about the very slightest of marks? :)

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
:wow::goodjob: PHENOMINAL !!!

So glad to see you turning these out. I am the very happy owner of your CR2 and CR123 protos (with POP2 sammies) and rave about them. Really happy you are back at modding, even more so to see these great originals. Sending PM about number #3. I'll take it if you can rig me an LE.

chop002red7ub.jpg

Last edited:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTTT
I am having a hard time not snapping these up!!!
I especially like the bottom one with the little knurled twisty...that is very nice.
I am sure these will go in a flash.
Yaesumofo

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
yaesumofo,

Thanks for the compliment. I like the third one too. It is a bit different and has a touch of class to it. I'm in the process of making up a two stage switch for lights with this type of switching. I'm just having more of a problem with getting something together that is small and reliable. I'm also a bit apprehensive about putting time, effort, and expense into the project because it's my understanding that a POP board that will run in conjunction with a NexGen is forthcoming.

BTW, I think that No.3 is sold, but not firm yet.

alauda

Enlightened
If #3 has not sold please put me down for a "I will take it" on #3

Many Thanks

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
PaperLawyer,

The light is about 2.7" (including the ring stud) and about .8" in diameter.

The ding that I'm talking about is a spot on the back of the light where I dropped the light onto the concrete and it left a mark in the finish. A tiny bit of a raised area. I could put it in a collet and sand most of it out for you. The reason that I have this light for so much less that the others is because it was carried for a period of time that would exceed what I would consider a testing period.

As for the NG750 with a H Vf luxeon and a li-ion cell, I don't know. That combo may be pushing the limits of the converters overhead tolerance. Of course, if you've done that combination in another light, there's no reason that it wouldn't work in this light.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Steve,

I've been trying to PM you, but the system locks up when I try to. Send me an email at cpfchop(at)cox.net so that I can respond to it.

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Hello Tony,

I've had a lot of trouble with PMs also. Just got back online and sent email to your address. Awaiting response from last detailed PM, which I hope you received. Its the one which mentions building a second LE with a royal blue LuxIII so I can swap quickly back and forth. Hope to hear back from you very soon.

Steve

:thanks: :grin2:

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
PaperLawyer,

I forgot to mention that I do run a TXOJ sammie in it with a NexGen700 and a li-ion battery. I have't had any problems. I just don't know about the H Vf bin. Wayne told me that it would be an iffy proposition with an H Vf luxeon.

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Chop,

I was wondering if you might be offering any lights like the third one in
this same material some time soon. I like the look of this material and of couse your work as well.

Thanks,
Ken

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys,

I'm sorry, but I edited the post to show that #3 was sold. What's with all of the interest in #3? I really like #2. LOL.

Anyway, there does seem to be an interest in the #3 style. I could see more coming, but they won't be exactly the same. Since I never draw my lights up, no two are ever the same.

I really like this material too. It's really pretty, although it will tarnish over time. #1 was pretty bad, since I carried it on me through out the after math of Katrina. It was almost brown, but I decided to polish it by and to see how hard it would be. I usually just gut the light and turn it between centers in the lathe and polish it that way, but doing it by hand only took a couple of minutes with Flitz.

I've had a bug about doing another aluminum bronze light in either AA or AAA size that would use a micro puck booster, since they are so skinny. I was going to go with an H Vf Lux III and see what I could get out of it.

With finances being what they are, I suppose I could put my project on the back burner and turn out a couple more lights.

Paper Lawyer

Newly Enlightened
Chop said:
PaperLawyer,

I forgot to mention that I do run a TXOJ sammie in it with a NexGen700 and a li-ion battery. I have't had any problems. I just don't know about the H Vf bin. Wayne told me that it would be an iffy proposition with an H Vf luxeon.

:thumbsup: Thanks for the heads up Chop. After some deliberation, I think I'll pass on this one, despite the allure of alu bronze :)