NEW from SUREFIRE 'HELLFIRE'

duFontaine

Newly Enlightened
Hope you guys like this. I have heard two numbers on this one $3,000 & $5,000 but it could be alot less. There should be 3 pics.

thanks
duFontaine
hellfire2ul.jpg

Last edited:

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Wow! Thanks for sharing this with us duFontaine. Although I know I'll never be able to own one of these Lights I truly do enjoy reading about, and learning about them. SureFire really hit the ball out of the park in my opinion with their 2006 line.

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
OpticsHQ lists this for $6499 (non-membership price)

Membership prices should be somewhat cheaper.... :naughty:

Last edited:

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't get what makes this thing so expensive.

How much would it cost to hire an electrical engineer to design something like that?

Scott

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although I'm sure the build of the light is rock solid, I feel that, for at least a quarter of the cost, you are paying for the brand name.

beezaur said:
I don't get what makes this thing so expensive.

How much would it cost to hire an electrical engineer to design something like that?

Scott

Taylorf

Enlightened
Isnt this light only for the military. In another thread on CPF a thought i read that, or have they now released it to the public. That has got to be the coolest flashlight ever though.:drool:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
No Thankyou!

It would be great, but who wants to lug around a battery. I'm sure this thing is brutally tough, however. This light is definatley for the military.

Prototype3a

Newly Enlightened
Something all civilians should understand is that there is a conversion rate between military dollars and civilian dollars. I figure it's somewhere in the range of 8$m=1$c.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
RalphRussell said:
Does SureFire ever do GB's here on CPF?

Sure but it's military/government pricing.
If one costs $1,000.00 we can let you have 10 for 11,000.00.

My uncle (in the 50's) used to put things that cost 27 cents per can on sale at 3 for 89 cents and sold a lot of them at the sale price.

toolboy

Newly Enlightened
My goodness look at the weight, 10 pounds. I'll gladly take the Xeray 75 with a little more than half the weight, more output, way less cost, and enough money leftover to put my 2 kids through a year at college. I like the light but I wouldn't ever spend that kind of money for the performance of a 35 watt HID. For that kind of money someone would have build a fusion reactor with a diamond lense in the size of a mini mag.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
toolboy said:
My goodness look at the weight, 10 pounds. I'll gladly take the Xeray 75 with a little more than half the weight, more output, way less cost, and enough money leftover to put my 2 kids through a year at college. I like the light but I wouldn't ever spend that kind of money for the performance of a 35 watt HID. For that kind of money someone would have build a fusion reactor with a diamond lense in the size of a mini mag.

I'll beat someone else to this point.

I cant wait to get my XeRay 50W, but throw both off a 3 story building, then turn both on, see which one works. Thats why this SF is $6000+.

However, I could not agree with you more!

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
PoliceScannerMan said:
I'll beat someone else to this point.

I cant wait to get my XeRay 50W, but throw both off a 3 story building, then turn both on, see which one works. Thats why this SF is $6000+.

A 3 story fall, I have beat my HID Blitz around that much you must come up with something more imaginative, how about we shoot Em' with a shotgun :D

Later
Kelly

Last edited:

mdocod

Flashaholic
I bought a 2001 suzuki swift with 53,000 miles on it for $2500 last year... I could have bought 2 and still come out for less than the flashlight, explain to me how 10lbs of flashlight, regardless of what it is made out of (with the exception of diamonds and gold) could ever actually cost more than 3800lbs worth of relativally new car (swifts weigh about 1900lbs).... The sad thing is that surefire will get away with this and sell boat loads.

CLHC

Flashaholic
I think Mike over at OpticsHQ said these were available on special order basis. But that sure is a lot of moolah, even with the CPF discount he's already offering. . .The Megaray 175W model was purchased by a fellow member here for a "steal," he says for way less than almost half of what it costs. He paid $3000.00+!