Flashlight with pocket knife?

dcarch8

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I carry a pocket flashlight sometimes, and I carry a pocket knife sometimes. But it gets too much to carry both. Cell phone, keys, money, chewing gum, billfold, eyeglasses, pens ------

Has anyone seen a flashlight with a built-in knife? or a knife with a built-in flashlight?

:huh2: dcarch8

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eddie Bauer/Coast also has a multitool with a light in one of the arms, takes coincells. Can find it at Target.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not exactly what you are asking for, but here is what I do when I downsize:

b13.jpg

Arc AAA with Spyderco Dragonfly.

b2.jpg

As Chairman Kaga might say, the flavor of the Arc also blends nicely with a Jester or Ladybug.

best regards

Last edited:

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen several various crappy knife/led combos, where it's mostly a normal knife, but with an LED in the butt somewhere. I don't know if there's any of these that don't suck.

There's several SAKs that have LEDs. Most of Victorinox's are red LEDs (which are quite dim), but there's at least one that uses a white one, the Cybertool Lite. Wenger has a couple with built in Photon LEDs.

Nothing yet that can match a real pocket knife and a real flashlight, but you can still make your own combo. Find a small knife you like that has a tip-down oriented clip, and attatch a small light like Powernoodle shows below. That way you can clip it into your pocket, with the light dangling below it like an anchor. A Jil Intelli springs to mind for a tiny flashlight with big flashlight ambitions. A Spyderco Calypso Jr. would be a fine choice for a knife.

dcarch8

Newly Enlightened
I looked at the Eddie Bauer one and the Swiss Army one. They are not very good knifes and not very good flashlights, and I don't need to carry pliers and nail files and cork screws and tooth picks.

We need a good flashlight/knife combo!!!!

dcarch8 :scowl: :scowl: :scowl:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I feel silly. I carry two knives and two lights almost all the time. Currently it's usually a Spyderco Ladybug on the keyring with the car key, a Spyderco Solo in the front pocket, a Nuwai TM313 and a Vital Gear 2 cell. I don't really feel too loaded down.

Flashlight Enthusiast
dcarch8 said:
Hi,

I carry a pocket flashlight sometimes, and I carry a pocket knife sometimes. But it gets too much to carry both. Cell phone, keys, money, chewing gum, billfold, eyeglasses, pens ------

Has anyone seen a flashlight with a built-in knife? or a knife with a built-in flashlight?

:huh2: dcarch8

I've got a Chinese made Swiss Army clone knife with built in red led...

Several tools plus a compas. I don't use it for EDC though because its built like junk (was given to me as a gift). The metal parts are okay, but the plastic used feels brittle and volatile.

dcarch8

Newly Enlightened
" a Chinese made Swiss Army clone knife " that sold in America !!!:crackup:
Somehow this kind of cracks me up a little.

Anyway, thanks guys. They all look very interesting. They more or less look like a knife duct-taped together with a light.

I think I am going to try making one someday.

dcarch8

dcarch8

Newly Enlightened
The Porcupine said:
Well, if you wanna go custom, my buddy Mikkel Willumsen makes this one:

Hello Porcupine,

That a very nice combo. Thanks.

dcarch8

P.S., you need to clean your fingernails :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

dcarch8

Newly Enlightened
Hopefully someone in CPF can come up with something nice. a lot of people here are interested in both knifes and flashlights.

dcarch8