Recommendation for green pointer

luigi

Enlightened
Hi all!

I'm looking for a green laser pointer for sky-pointing, I teach basic astronomy to people interested and a laser to point at the sky would be great.
I want a safe pointer since I don't want to hurt my students, myself or my family while using it. I would like to buy it online using paypal. Can you recommend me a good pointer and a dealer ?

Thanks!
Luigi

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Abeland1, Atlas Nova. Call and talk with Arnold in person, tell him what you want to do and he'll be able to help you..

Athoul

Enlightened
A 15mW Wicked Laser is good, or a CPF special from abeland1 thats talked about here in the forums.

While 5mW can be seen at night, personally I feel it's a bit to faint.

Athoul

Enlightened
Well the US military says that 25mW and under is safe. Personally.. I think 25mW is pushing it, but 15mW or less will not pose any problem at all for star pointing. You do not want to shine even 5mW units into others eyes, but an accidental shot from these should not pose a problem. I've worked with lasers for over 10 years, so this is not something I just shot out of the air.

Below is a link to Wicked Lasers, the CPF Special is listed in the forum I think. You will need to call Mr. Beland though in order to receive a CPF Special. From what I hear he is a pretty decent guy though.

atlasnova
Wicked Lasers

Last edited by a moderator:

LEDGloworm

Newly Enlightened
Hey cheap trick, I clicked your link to wickedlasers and now I am stuck with your hidden promo code every time I visit their site. I dont know how you did it but don't force your code on people, at least give them the choice. Moderators, Please remove this link.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Athoul ... you just witnessed a discussion that mentioned that WL referral codes are a no-go on CPF (explained again by me in addition to the sticky in the forum), yet you post a link with a hidden code ... well .... this is unacceptable in many ways ... ignoring moderation, rules and trying to profit from other members.

Take 7 days off CPF to think about it.

:banned:

bernhard

luigi

Enlightened
Dormanin said:
Another Atlasnova recomendation from me.

Arnold is easy to deal with, ships quick, and sells quality lasers.

I emailed him and got a quick response but his site only accepts credit cards and I want to use a paypal cash balance, seems he doesn't want to do that if the address is not confirmed (?!). I asked him how to buy using paypal and he sent me instructions to pay using a credit card.... sigh....
Atlasnova is just too difficult so I'm going to try the WickedLasers version, they have a direct way to buy using paypal which is what I want.
Sometimes things should be simple :-(

Luigi

KBlaserman

Newly Enlightened
luigi, good luck and i hope you enjoy the laser you purchase, if you want it just for sky pointing i would see if you can get a 5mw or just a 10mw, look over ebay, there are hundreds of auctions for 5mw pointers.

imbolc

Newly Enlightened
Go with KBlaserman's advice. Go to ebay and get a 5mw green laser. You don't really need anything stronger. The beam of a 5mw green at night is very visible. I heard from many forums the best manufacturer is LeadLight.

Dormanin

Newly Enlightened
If you go onto ebay and search "true 5mw green pointer" that will bring up arnold auctions for his guaranteed 5mw lasers.

I believe you can then pay by paypal that way.

I still think you should go with arnold if you want a good product for the price. Good luck though in whatever you decide.