How do I get the Mag 2C switch out?

Luminous

Newly Enlightened
I have just bought a mag 2C and I would like to get the switch out to modify.
I have removed older 6D's switches before but I cannot get the 2C's out. It looks to be constructed a different way. I have unscrewed the hexagonal head screw that is under the switch rubber cover but the swicth does not move. Anybody could help me?

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
It should drop right out the back after you loosen the set screw, sometimes they can be stuck have you tried pushing on the bulb post from the front to break it free.

You said it's a new 2C, check the serial number on the tube if it starts with a number it's an older C Mag and the switch has to be remove from the front of the tube by unscrewing the hold down ring (or what ever you call it) and drop the switch out the front.

Later
Kelly

Last edited:

Luminous

Newly Enlightened
Thank for your help.

The serial number starts with 248, So it looks like it is an old version. When I remove the reflector assembly I can see a rig that have to small holes. Do I need to unscrew this ring using a special tool inserted in these holes?

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, take a pointed object and place it in one of the holes on the ring and turn it counter clock wise. After you get the ring out the switch should drop out the front, make sure the switch is in the on position (down) this will make it easier to get out.

Later
Kelly