I finally broke down and bought a SureFire, and guess what??

Truezach

Newly Enlightened
THIS LIGHT IS AMAZING. :wow: I bought the E1L. For the longest time I was in the pursuit for amazing lights, and I think I have found my brand. I just thought I would share my experience with everyone. Now, I need to get hip to the SureFire lingo. I also had a question, since I didn't get the E2L, is there a battery extender for the E1L, I read that the KL1 head can run on 3-6 voltz. If there is one, where can I buy it?

CLHC

Flashaholic
Well congratulations Truezach.

Don't know the exact extender tube for said model, but try checking out Lighthound, and for two-stage switching, or Aleph LED heads, check out The Sandwich Shoppe!

Enjoy!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
The old KL1 could run off of 3-9 volts, not sure about the newest one - but I'm pretty sure that answer has already been posted around here somewhere? (gotta love using the F04 beamshaper with the latest one as well - throw AND flood!!)

Very versatile little head for sure, a staple in any "Flashaholic's" diet!!

rikvee

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF, Truezach!

The most elegant solution to drive your E1L a little harder is to use a R123 rechargeable 123-size Lithium-Ion battery.
Full charge is around 4.2V, and runtime is about half that of the CR123.

Truezach

Newly Enlightened
OK, I think I have two of those, I bought a Apollo FX 5 watt awhile back, and I think it uses those. I will test it out. Thanks for the input all.

IonFire

Enlightened
Congrats friend, your in now.

You will love that light i am sure.

As far as rechargeab;es go, i run them in both of mine without worry, they can handle up to 9 volts. Mine are fourth gen, as should be yours too.

I recommend John @ www.lighthound.com for your battery needs.

I use the 750mah Li-Ions from him with a Nano charger, and a dual charger from there aswell.

You will gain roughly 5 more lumens off of the Li-Ions on your light(E1L), it will put out what an E2L does on 2 normal batteries.

And an E2L definately puts out more on the Li-Ions aswell, but this is not the area of concern.

Happy lighting

IF

Numbers

Enlightened
Truezach,
Congratulations
Check Lighthound's web site he will sell you just the e2l body, then you will have an e1l and an e2l.
It won't end there. I am doing the lego thing myself right now. As they say hang on to your wallet.

Truezach

Newly Enlightened
And what is this I see.......My ARC AAA is coming FedEx tomorrow. Maybe I should move my birthday to tomorrow. Now if my Orb Raw I ordered like 2 months ago would come.

carrot

Flashaholic
Yeah, I had a much more humble Surefire beginning (G2), but I know the feeling. Now I have an A2 and couldn't be happier. Been on the fence about an E1L... thanks to your post, I'll be picking one up hopefully soon.

IonFire

Enlightened
Been on the fence about an E1L... thanks to your post, I'll be picking one up hopefully soon.

Ok,thats it, i am sending the WHITE RABBIT to your house.

After all my preaching and now you think your going to get one.

Damn, i haven't fed him in weeks, he is on route.

Better have your Holy Hand Grenade.

And the counting shall begin at 3..or 1, damn, forgot.

IF

Taylorf

Enlightened
My first light ever was an 8ax. It was what brought me into the light. I went for the rechargeable because cr123a s are pretty expensive. My collection now includes my 8ax, 10 and 15 million cp Thors, Orb Raw, Ultrastinger, and i think I am going to buy the Exolion next. Not to bad for only 16.

Numbers

Enlightened
Ion,
I took your advice of a couple of days ago and ordered some rechargable 123's today. So my e2l will run brighter, but what will the run time be vs the 3 hours on primaries?

Truezach

Newly Enlightened
My light collecting started when I went into my first cave. Now I am addicted and want more, more, more. Now my girlfriend is telling me I can't say a word the next time she buys a $300 dollar purse or an expensive pair of shoes. I just shut up after that.

IonFire

Enlightened
Numbers, thanks man, i feel much better now.:rock:

Rabbit is already shipped, nothin i can do for Carrot now.

Man i really cant say, i have run it as long as 2 hours, i guess, adding up the usage.
Its about half, but i suspect it is a bit better then half.

In either light, i charge the night after using them, so, i really cant say with totall honesty friend.

But i can say, you won't feel guilty pulling them to charge them up, slide the next pair in and your set again.

I love tools i can actually use without breaking me financially, these are it for me.

IF

Numbers

Enlightened
Ok,
I am good, I needabout 50 minutes a night several times a week. E2L will definitely cover that. Bought some 17670's too for the L4 but I think that will be very close to the limit of the 17670 run time. Will have the answer in a couple of days after the goods arrive.
Thanks

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say get a SF L4 if it hasn't been said already. Can run the KL4 in on the E1L body and put the KL1 head onto the L4 body for longer run time and better regulation.

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
One great thing to have with an E1L is the diffuser. It makes it an even better light. Also a two stage tailcap and rechargeables. As mentioned the E2 body from Lighthound would be nice also. But for some good bright fun, get a rechargeable battery in there and put a Surefire KL4 head on that E1L body. Yeowww, that is bright. ;)

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just recently got to look at and handle an E1L also (this past saturday)...very nice light and much smaller in diameter than I had expected. My friend has SFs and I do like them, but I also like many others and have thus far found it more interesting to collect the various other ones I like (since they're lower priced also), but I still do want a SF. The most likely candidate is an E1L. I have a question tho:
Does the beam shaper decrease output? Since it's essentially a diffuser, some light must be lost going thru the lens. Is it a noticable output difference?
The other reason (aside from cost) that I haven't purchased a SF LED is I'm not too fond of spot-light beams. I do like them, but don't find them useful for 99% of my needs.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations.. the E1L is an awesome light.

Good for up to 9 volts (3 cells) or 8.4V with 2xR123 - I put my own KL1 (4th generation) on the line to test for compatibility and it completed its runtime test perfectly :)

It's one of the most flexible converter boards available and still holds its own against all the lights out there. I still love my older 3rd-generation KL1s.