Mounting a U2 ??

Seethelight

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have any experience mounting a U2 onto a picatinny rail? There's so much surefire stuff out there but yet I dont know any local dealers that would know about all the various bodies/mounts that would be interchangeable ..anyone here know what the possibilites are??

I'd like to see if it was possible to mount my U2 to my M4gery... I was hoping to utilize my existing light without having to purchase another dedicated weapon light... im already over freakin' budget!!!

Any thoughts or opinions on options would be greatly appreciated
:)

Size15's

Flashaholic
There are a number of different ways to mount a "U2" but they'll cost a lot.
It'll likely be cheaper to buy a G2 and mount.

For example here are two:

One way is to get an MH90 Millennium Universal Housing Body + M49 Dual Thumb Screw Mount.

You then put the U2 Lamp Module (aka U2 "bezel") and it's TailCap onto the MH90.

al-u2c.jpg

Another way is to get an A21 Universal Housing Body and A19 body extender and then a generic 1" mount. Obviously you'll check that the mount will have sufficient clearance for the U2 Lamp Module (ie: the body isn't required to be too close to the rail)

This photo shows the A19 (knurled) and the A21. Instead of the U2's TailCap I have used the Z49 TailCap (you would use the standard U2 TailCap)
al-u2e.jpg

Al