What to do with a Craftsman Endurable 3AAA 1W LED flashlight body

Far_Field

Newly Enlightened
I'm sure many of you have harvestd the PR-based 1W LED bulb from this flashlight and now have a useless body lying around. Well, here's an easy mod that takes just a few minutes to complete and will give that useless body a second chance. First, remove the 3AAA battery carrier. Second, shove 2 AA batteries into the cavity. Third, use a small diagonal cutter to nip off the raised lip on the black plastic bulb holder so that the metal plate (that normally makes contact with the center spring of the battery carrier) will contact the now off-center positive tip of the AA battery. Finally, put your choice of a 2-cell bulb (or even the original LED or one of Lambda's PR-based SMJLED's) in there and enjoy.

Newly Enlightened
Or just put a bulb from a 3 cell maglite in it put the 3 AAA's in it and light it up...:whistle:

ETA: I just put the 2 cell bulb I took out of the Mag in the Sears and it makes a nice white light.. :rock:

Last edited:

Walt175

Enlightened
I put my old mag bulb in it too. And it did make nice white light. For a little while.. :awman:

91101 said:
Or just put a bulb from a 3 cell maglite in it put the 3 AAA's in it and light it up...:whistle:

ETA: I just put the 2 cell bulb I took out of the Mag in the Sears and it makes a nice white light.. :rock: