• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Allen's "Quick Cash" Sale - SOLD OUT!

KingSmono

Enlightened
I'm selling a couple lights and accessories to raise some quick $$ for my trip to New York. I don't think I realized just how much the trip was going to cost with a hotel room in New York City, and plane tickets and what not... I'm even selling my camera.

SOLD - Ice Blue Mag 2D modified with nFlex and UCL (with glow poweder around the TWOJ Emittor) powered by 6AA batteries, masterfully built by Sway. $99 (I paid originally paid $130 for it.)
SOLD - Modamag 8aa to 2D adapter. (won't work with Item A) $14
SOLD - Modamag 8aa to 2D adapter. (won't work with Item A) $14
SOLD - (1aa) MiniMiniMag coated in HA3 (slight mis-match in anodizing) bored out to accept 20 mm reflectors. I've never used this light... I simply never purchased a sandwich to use with it, so it's never been tested. Sold as is, you need a sandwich and a reflector - $24

First to post "I'll take it" for each item wins. Please send paypal to [email protected] - I'll cover the paypal fees.

Prices include shipping via First Class Mail. Upgrade to Insured shipping via UPS Ground for 4 dollars.

-Allen

Last edited:

thezman

Enlightened
Re: Allen's Inventory Blow-Out

I will take one of the modamag 8AA - 2D adapters please.
Paypal for $14 is being sent.

Thanks,
Z

KingSmono

Enlightened
Re: Allen's Inventory Blow-Out

thezman said:
I will take one of the modamag 8AA - 2D adapters please.
Paypal for $14 is being sent.

Thanks,
Z

Thank you, original list updated.

-Allen

max52

Newly Enlightened
Re: Allen's "Quick Cash" Sale

I'll take the second 8AA to D adapter.Paypal sent

KingSmono

Enlightened
Re: Allen's "Quick Cash" Sale

max52 said:
I'll take the second 8AA to D adapter.Paypal sent

Thanks! I'll get it in the mail as soon as I get a chance to run to the UPS Store. (I think tomorrow after work)

-Allen

Last edited:

KingSmono

Enlightened
Re: Allen's "Quick Cash" Sale - 2D Mag => nFlex, UCL, TWOJ, 6AA adapter

Just wanted to update that everything is in the mail!

Lunarmodule

Enlightened

I'm very interested. Could you please post some pics or give me a detailed description of the condition. Scratches, etc. Most important is the condition of the optical part, I'd like it as near flawless as possible. What reflector and lens are on the light? Who made the battery adaptor? Reflector: camless? metal? TW0J old or new style slug? Runtime estimates at the different levels? Can you provide batteries, what brand and capacity? Pending answers to my barrage of questions, I'll take it.

KingSmono

Enlightened

Not once, but 2 TIMES, I've typed up LONG replies to try and answer all of your questions... and when I hit "Submit Reply" CPF locked up both times, losing my responses... grrr, I'm really frustrated with CPF right now.

Anywho, hopefully 3rd time is a charm.

I'd be glad to send you some pictures of the light as soon as I get home from work!

I'd rate the body of the light 8.5 out of 10. There are a couple tiny blemishes on the body of the light. I'm really not even sure if the camera will be able to capture them, but I'll try anyway!

I'd easily rate the optics a perfect 10 out of 10. The lens is a UCL from flashlightlens.com. The reflector is a stock 2D Mag Reflector. When I showed the light to my roommate, he poked the lens, because he didn't believe there was anything there! I'm not sure how Chris gets his UCLs so darned clear...

The battery adapter was made by Sway. I'm sure he could give you much more accurate run-time estimates than me... maybe you could shoot him a PM? He's a great person to deal with! I believe that he actually conducted runtime tests on this light before he sold it to me. If it means anything to you, I mainly use this light intermittantly... and I'm only on the second set of batteries.

I've only used Energizer Alkalines... I'd be happy to include 6 brand new Alky Energizers at no additional cost if you'd like! :)

Again, I'll send you some pictures of the light as soon as I get home from work. Thanks!

-Allen

Lunarmodule

Enlightened

Hello Allen,

Thanks for your perseverance in getting the posts to finally go through. I've had my share of browser lockups and server error messages, seem to be directly related to the length of the reply. Steve's Law of Posting: the longer the typed entry, with more original thought and effort the greater the odds of an annoying error coming along and wiping out all your work.

I look forward to seeing the pics, overall it sounds like a very nice package. I've never dealt with Sway first hand, although I hold him in reverence for being a guru of all things Large Reflector / Ultimate Spotlights. He's done some amazing mods in the past, I'm suprised he'd even tinker with something as small as a stock Mag reflector. Last I saw was a 1/2 mile beamshot that dropped my jaw HARD.

Look forward to seeing the photos, particularly I'd like to see some shots of the head off (emitter mounting) and battery carrier. Please send me an email (more reliable than PM if I'm not on CPF at that moment) as soon as you get home from work and have time to snap the pics. ;)

Thank you my friend!

Mini-Moder

Enlightened

King Smono, if you email me the pictures I would be happy to host them for you. And post them here.

KingSmono

Enlightened

Lunarmodule said:
Hello Allen,

Thanks for your perseverance in getting the posts to finally go through. I've had my share of browser lockups and server error messages, seem to be directly related to the length of the reply. Steve's Law of Posting: the longer the typed entry, with more original thought and effort the greater the odds of an annoying error coming along and wiping out all your work.

LOL, truer words have never been spoken. I've learned to COPY your entire post into Notepad or Microsoft Word before hitting "Submit"...

pcmike said:
I'd love to see the pictures too!

No problem... I'll post them here! :thumbsup:

KingSmono

Enlightened

Mini-Moder said:
King Smono, if you email me the pictures I would be happy to host them for you. And post them here.

I appreciate it! But, I have no problem hosting them... I'll do it when I get home. Thanks though!

-Allen

KingSmono

Enlightened

Here are a couple pics... The shots of the blemishes didn't turn out at all. NOTE: I won't be back to my computer until Monday morning... So, questions and inquiries will have to wait until then. Thanks!

-Allen

Light.jpg

Light2.jpg

Lunarmodule

Enlightened

I'LL TAKE IT! :paypal::paypal::paypal:

Sold to the guy in the Hawaiian shirt

Thanks for posting the pics....
Now I hope I can reach you before holding my breath for the weekend. Now all I have to do is find the origin of that Thurber quote and I will feel somehow complete. Good strategy (cut&paste text) to prevent primal scream computer therapy during browser lockups. Unfortunately my Netscape w/ Firefox rendering engine dosent allow C&P with the WYSIWYG editor, (sigh). I have to chance it....

Mini Moder: Major Cheers for the assist, my friend! Thanks for offering to host the pics :)

:thanks:

Last edited:

KingSmono

Enlightened

Lunarmodule said:

Now all I have to do is find the origin of that Thurber quote and I will feel somehow complete.

Hmm... it was one of Google's "Quotes of the Day" a while back... so I can't help you there. Sorry!

Paypal received! Because of my work schedule, it's actually kinda hard for me to get to the Post Office before they close! :( Which is why I MUCH prefer shipping things out from The UPS Store... (Which doesn't offer Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation...) But, I will try my darndest to get to the Post Office after work today before they close! I'll send the tracking # as soon as I have it in my hot little hands. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Allen

thezman

Enlightened
Allen,

Battery adapter came in Mondays mail.
As advertised and on time. I'm happy..:)

Thanks,
Larry