best 1W BIN for single AA

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just curious which reasonably easy to get, 1W BIN would give the best bang for the buck in output and runtime, using a single AA primary. (L92 or Alk)

AuroraLite

Enlightened
CroMAGnet,

I have yet trying to power up lux with a single primary, but from past experience, I have seen RX0H and thought that it was already reasonably great bin(though still not sure whether it could be powered up with a single AA without a board).

With a MM lite board or the like, RxxH or RxxJ should be a good choice and not impossible to get. :)

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking of a board. Maybe even a FluPIC board. Do you think an RxxJ be tuned for primary but allow for LiON?

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Though I have never used the FluPIC myself, from what I have heard from fellow flashaholics, it work best with li-ion rechargables. And at the minimum, it might need to work with 2 primary AAs or a single li-ion battery(that is if the modder use H bin, J bin might or might not work).

Do you know Goldserve has improved the FluPIC such that it will work with single AA? (That will be a great news...a dream come true for me--a multi function boost board!)

glire

Enlightened
CroMAGnet said:
I was just curious which reasonably easy to get, 1W BIN would give the best bang for the buck in output and runtime, using a single AA primary. (L92 or Alk)
You can easily get TxxH and underdrive them. I have a Vf below 3.1V on my samples (without break-in). This is a good and efficient option IMO.

Meduza

Enlightened
You can get a LTC3490 and build a bord from it...

that is a circut made for driving lux1 at 350ma from one or two 1.5/1.2v cells

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tony - if you decide to pick up some RxxH Lux1s, let me know. I'd like to get a few also and we'd have an easier chance picking the bins from Future with a larger order.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
The setup I have runs 147 minutes, 2 hours & 27 minutes. On low it runs 1250 minutes, 20 hours & 50 minutes. This is to 50% brightness. The setup uses a Lux I, SY0H, a reasonable powered converter and one 2500mA AA battery.

The board was designed to run 1.2 to 1.8 volts with little power loss. Li-Ion batteries are not needed or wanted on this setup.

I don't know if my combination is the best bang for the buck. Is there a better one around here?

Edit: The light runs around 65 minutes at full power with a Duracell AA alkaline. Then the light goes into moon mode.

Last edited: