MII Flashcam used on CSI show just now. (spoiler)

hogx1

Newly Enlightened
Re: Flashlight camera used on CSI show just now. (spoiler)

The main guy on CSI Miami uses a SF A2 Red Led. Except they add a *click* noise when he uses it...

Flashfirstask?later

Enlightened
Re: Flashlight camera used on CSI show just now. (spoiler)

A camera crew of a reality series follows the CSI team and at near the end the police stormed a apartment. Catherine stopped the film crew from going in so the camera guy handed her the MII Flashcam and she used that around the apartment for a bit with only one of the three leds on.

Nightcrawler50

Newly Enlightened
Yeah..I just watched CSI as well and saw the flashcam...wondered how authentic it was. Although the footage on the show might not be authentic, the video quality in combo with the flashlight seemed kind of shotty. Nice concept, more refinement IMO.

Mini-Moder

Enlightened
I was gonna post this. But man you guys are fast. Willows had what appeared to be a G2 but I only saw it for a second.

carrot

Flashaholic
In the fourth season it appears that they are using some kind of Streamlight instead of the Surefire 6Ps that were in the earlier episodes... never saw a G2 in the 60+ episodes I've gone through so far.

I noticed in the first season they made clicky noises for the Surefire 6Ps, even though you could sometimes see the actors twisting the tailcaps, or constantly depressing the button. Stopped noticing after the first season.

In another episode (with the turboprop boating accident), I saw Catherine using a UK 4AA eLED to examine evidence. Later she used a Maxabeam when she was walking around the lake.

I found one error in an episode -- Grissom and somebody else are inside a cave with bat guano and from one angle, it appears they are holding Maxabeams, and when the camera switches angles, they are holding Surefire M4s. CSI practically sold me an M4... wasn't too interested in it before because I felt it had funny proportions, but now I like the way it looks, a lot.

So, Horatio uses an A2 in Miami? Gotta watch all of Miama next, then. I've only 3 more seasons of Vegas to work through.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I saw the Flashcam on CSI, tonight (about an hour ago, for me), I thought, "hey, I remember seeing a link for that on CPF!"

Yeah, I never wanted an M4, before, and don't anymore, but when I first saw Grissom using it, I was like, "hmmm, I might need one of those...". I didn't even know what it was until I asked a question about it here and someone else knew. I said that I don't want one anymore, but now that I think about it, I do always check out the FS threads that mention them, and sometimes will check eBay for them!

Mini-Moder

Enlightened
If anybody else saw the episode. In the very begining when Grissom and Willows first get into the room. They both pull out lights. Due to the camera angle, you cant really see Grissoms light. But it appeared for the quick 3 or 4 second shot, that Cathrine was holding a black G2 Nitrolon. I will try to watch again, and find out.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember in one episode that Catherine and Stokes were both using Streamlight Scorpion xenons. I've missed quite a few CSI episodes since then.

PeteBroccolo

Enlightened
I got some brochures on this lighting multi-tool from the company - I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the suggested price! I am certainly no advocate of using a high-powered (and high-priced) lighting tool as an impact/defensive weapon, but I would be even more leary of having this multi-tool in my possession on patrol for fear of damaging it.