old style x1

photorob

Enlightened
Does anyone know were I can get my hands on some old style inova x1's. I want to get ahold of a x1 in white and one in uv. Every single target in my area has switched over to the new models so no luck there.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's funny... most of CPF wants the new style and all their targets have the old style.
shrug.gif

For the UV X1, I've only seem them in specialty stores other than on the internet.

martytoo

Newly Enlightened
The old has a wider beam and the new one is really tight?? But both are a little weak?

The case seems nicer than the light. If I don't want to do the ice trick and mod it is it worth buying one of these????

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Old style has a tight circle spot beam with no light outside the spot.
The new style has a beam like an arcaaa/etc it's got a wider spot that smoothly goes into sidespill.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here you go. The old style is on the left, new style on the right. To my eyes, the hotspot of the old style looks slightly brighter than the new style and I feel that it might throw slightly better, but the new style has that great spillbeam.

Some said (might have been Doug from flashlightreviews.com) that with the old style, looking around a dark room was sort of looking at a well lit room through a piece of cardboard with a tiny hole poked in it. It certainly has it's place and I kinda like them, but for general purpose use, the new style is radically more useful.

IMG_2373a.jpg

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may be able to have one sent to your store from another Target that has one in inventory. Try your local Target customer service desk. You can also try Batteryjunction.com. I think Matt still has some old types in stock.