Thunderbolt Magnum ? - Cheap Batteries?

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
They don't seem that cheap to me. My local 99 cent store carries 4 packs of Varta Alkaline AA's and AAA's. Varta's are a pretty highly regarded battery in Europe (rebadged Ray-o-Vac's?) and they've worked well for me. Also lots of other manufacturer's alkaline 4 packs (Fuji, some others..).

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might want to check into Costco's Kirkland branded batteries. They top quality, with a long run time, normal shelf life (7 years), fresh, and cost a lot less than the link you posted (cost about 20¢ each in packs of 40 or 48). If you don't have a Costco membership, I'm sure you can probably find a friend, neighbor, or family member that does.

flashlife said:
Anyone know about these little alkaline guys?:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=92404

The AAAs and AAs are the same price...$8.00/ 24, making them really cheap.

They're made in China and only have a 2 year expire date (2008), which is a little short compared to the usual 6-7 year shelflife of Energizers, etc?

Anyone know about "Thunderbolt Magnum"?

Chewabacca

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know about these little alkaline guys?:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=92404

The AAAs and AAs are the same price...$8.00/ 24, making them really cheap.

They're made in China and only have a 2 year expire date (2008), which is a little short compared to the usual 6-7 year shelflife of Energizers, etc?

Anyone know about "Thunderbolt Magnum"?

Hi, I have bought these batteries, and I am very satisfied with them. I charge my AA every other day. I use them in my Garmin GPSMAP 62s, they last about 10 hours, which is about the same as Duracell regualar batteries. I have stopped using Duracell, they have destroyed too many of my electronics with leakage! So I opted with these from Harbor Freight. I like them, and still using them.