E1L + F05 saves the day

Cypher

Enlightened
Well not really but for as often as I carry a light I've never had many chances to use it to help someone else. So when one does come along I have to share it even if it's a small one.

I am in dental school right now and we have a radiology course this semester. Of course this requires time spent in a darkroom handling very small film packets. As luck would have it the red light that would normally shine directly on where we work is burned out. So on radiology days I always carry my KL1 on an Aleph 1 X 123 body with the F05 (so it's not an E1L but close enough).

So today a few of us are back there developing occlusal and bisecting angle PA radiographs when someone drops something and says the sweetest words to ever touch a flashaholics ears "Does anyone have a flashlight?". Of course he said it in a joking way because seriously, who carries a flashlight around all day? I pull out my light and everyone just turns with this incredulous look on their faces. And it's RED! "What is that?" they say. It seems obvious but I indulge them, "It's a flashlight with a red filter. I try to be ready for any radiologic emergency." I know, it wasn't funny. They seemed amused but he actually found the film he dropped just as I turned the light on so it wasn't any help.

Luckily someone else dropped something and it wouldn't have been found without the aid of my light so I was pleased. A couple of guys wanted a closer look at it and thought it was pretty cool so maybe I planted a seed.

So nothing too exciting but until a better one comes along that all I've got. Until then I'll keep carrying the F05 on radiology days.

Flakey

Enlightened
nice, isnt that cool when other people, if only for a minute, understand the flashlight thing.

SCblur

Enlightened
I understand completely. I love it when my wife asks me "do you have one of your flashlights handy?" to which I reply, "Of course, which one would you like!?" Every chance I get to prove to her the practicality of my hobby, I figure thats a few more dollars I can get away with spending ;)

Alloy Addict

Enlightened
Cypher said:
<SNIP>I pull out my light and everyone just turns with this incredulous look on their faces. And it's RED! "What is that?" they say. It seems obvious but I indulge them, "It's a flashlight with a red filter. I try to be ready for any radiologic emergency." I know, it wasn't funny.<SNIP>

I thought it was funny!:lolsign: I love it when stuff like that happens. It's like when coworkers give you a hard time about carrying a knife...then they need one. "Where's yours?" I ask in an innocent voice.:whistle:

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or when someone says "Has anybody got a light?" and the whole room turns to look at you.

"Who, me?" :whistle: :D

The little red keychain lights also make good 'safelights' for darkroom use since they are fairly dim as well. Fortunately I don't do film.. my darkroom is Photoshop. :p