Post pics and names

cade

Newly Enlightened
All you flashlosers got me hooked on flashlights now. I could not believe that so many people were so devoted to flashlights, unit I stumbled upon this sight.

I would really appreciate some pics (with the names) of the flashlights that are so talked about here. Thanx in advance. I'll take links too.

Arkayne

Enlightened
the mighty Gladius!

policestuff_1889_23718377.gif

http://www.blackhawk.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=4427&d=

cade

Newly Enlightened
I like the smaller "tactical" lights since i'm LEO. I don't see myself spending over $150.00 though. Surefire knockoffs (if they aren't junk) would interest me.

I've got a Streamlight Scorpion, a Brinkman Maxfire LX, and a rechargeable MAG for work.

carrot

Flashaholic
cade said:
I like the smaller "tactical" lights since i'm LEO. I don't see myself spending over $150.00 though. Surefire knockoffs (if they aren't junk) would interest me.

I've got a Streamlight Scorpion, a Brinkman Maxfire LX, and a rechargeable MAG for work.
If your upper limit is $150... any of the 2-cell incandescent Surefires are within your reach, from OpticsHQ with the CPF discount. Others for under $150 (with discount) would be the 9P, C3, and rechargeable 8NX. I'm not sure I'd trust knockoffs for LEO duty.

magic79

Enlightened
In fact, at OpticsHQ, the Surefire L2, L4, and L5 all come in under $150 (with the L2 and L4 considerably less) as well as the incandescents. You can get most of the non-M lights within your budget.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Check out the "reviews" link in my signature for a bunch of reviews with multiple photos of lights; be forwarned that they're mostly LED flashlights.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
carrot said:
If your upper limit is $150... any of the 2-cell incandescent Surefires are within your reach, from OpticsHQ with the CPF discount. Others for under $150 (with discount) would be the 9P, C3, and rechargeable 8NX. I'm not sure I'd trust knockoffs for LEO duty.

Also the A2 Aviator would be a great choice for its dual purpose lights but it's a bit more than $150 though.

a2_large2.jpg

Last edited:

rikvee

Enlightened
Here's some nice combo's of the already previous version
(bevelled edge) Surefire KL3 LED head, a good thrower

- on a 6P:

KL3ona6P.jpg

- on a 6Z (now Z2):

6ZwithKL3.jpg

and a size comparison between the standard Z2 and a common 2AA MiniMag:

SFZ2andMiniMag.jpg

With thanks to the original posters of these pics.

Last edited:

Somy Nex

Enlightened

Pila GL4 (old), Surefire A2 Aviator, Surefire E2D Executive Defender, Peak CPF Special (Rainer), DSpeck FireFly3, Nightops Gladius, Surefire U2, McGizmo HD45

Fenix L2P, Fenix L1P, AA battery =P, Peak CPF Special, DSpeck FireFly3, CR123 batt, Jil DD Intelli, CR2 batt.

atm

Enlightened
flashlight said:
Also the A2 Aviator would be a great choice for its dual purpose lights but it's a bit more than $150 though.

Actually, with all the OpticsHQ discounts applied the A2 is $150.05. :)

Andrew

carrot

Flashaholic
flashlight said:
Well, I did say a bit more. :D But actually how did you arrive at that figure? :thinking:
"Member's discount" and then the additional 5% off CPF discount at checkout.