Thoughts on where to buy an Apex?

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have decided I need a good headlamp, and short of the Stenlight, the Apex seems to be the one to go with.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Bill

cjdec

Newly Enlightened
BrightGuy.com has done well for our needs, both price and, especially, service.

O_DubhGhaill

Newly Enlightened
cjdec said:
BrightGuy.com has done well for our needs, both price and, especially, service.
I have an Apex and always seem to reach for it for every-night-use (ENU?) over any other headlamp I've got, e.g. other Princeton Tec, Streamlight Argo, Petzl TacTikka Plus, etc.

+1 there re. BrightGuy.com...Greg and his enterprise are first-rate (got my Apex from him, amongst others)...have a camo Petzl TacTikka XP and Adapt kit on "pre-order" with him...

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
SportsMerchants—$61.99 + Roughly $10.00 UPS Ground Residential Shipping

IndoorsandOutdoors—$62.77 + Roughly $9.00 UPS Ground Residential Shipping

And as the others said above regarding BrightGuy—$64.99 + S&H, but I can't log on to their website for some reason.

Enjoy!

LVC2

Newly Enlightened
I just checked Brightguy and the Apex was $68.95 + $7.01 shipped UPS ground to me in OK. I've never used Basegear.com but they were $64.95 + $4.95 shipping.

ETA: Brightguy is out of stock on the Apex in black and neither Basegear or SportsMerchants has camo. FWIW

Last edited:

pae77

Enlightened
I would search ebay for it before deciding. You may be able to find what you are looking for for significantly less $$. I haven't looked there for an Apex but I recently got a very good "buy it now" deal on a new in box EOS from a seller named "Campbuddy" or something like that. He seems to have a lot of satisfied customers.

Cypher

Enlightened
I got mine from basegear.com and got it in 3 days I think (portland to philly). Good price and fast shipping. I'd buy from them again.

Siriuslite

Newly Enlightened
Siriuslite said:
I just ordered one from here. $60 + $7.49 shipping to Canada

http://www.tacticalflashlights.com/flashlights/APX-BK.html

Ouch! I've just had a live and learn lesson. I just had my first experience with having UPS deliver a online purchase. The brokage fee was about $38. I wish these guys (Tactical Flashlights) used the USPS service. Oh well, its still probably a good deal in the States.

dingram17

Newly Enlightened
Cypher said:
I got mine from basegear.com and got it in 3 days I think (portland to philly). Good price and fast shipping. I'd buy from them again.

I bought mine from BaseGear too, and the shipping was only US$20 for airmail to Australia, $85 all up. My using the post there were no taxes to pay either. Australian prices are coming down, only US$100 equiv :-(.

Dave.