Alternative to Zebralight H604D Pure Flood 18650 High CRI.

moses

Enlightened
The Zebralight H604d is now about six years old. Not been upgraded.

I like the pure flood (not just 'floody') beam and high CRI. It tops out at 1600 lumens which is good but LED tech has improved in the past 6 years. Are there any alternatives for a pure flood like the H604d, but at a higher lumens? I think that with today's tech, over 2K lumens (closer to 3K) is easily attainable.

Thanks in advance for any help.

iacchus

Enlightened
I would think that even w/ current LED tech, around 1600lm is about all you are going to get w/ that size factor.
You could probably push more, but it would be short lived and you would have thermal drop real quick. Not much good for a headlamp where you want sustained performance, not ever diminishing lightsource.

Having said that, I just picked up the H600Fd Mk IV w/ the XHP50.2 and it is an absolute gem. Just a perfect little tool for my uses.

Bob_McBob

Newly Enlightened
You're not going to get higher output without going to a larger light or lower CRI, and certainly not much higher sustained output. LED technology hasn't really advanced enough in the last six years that XHP50.2 is outclassed, and in any case you will most likely receive a light with XHP50.3 if you order now.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you finding your current light doesn't have enough output? Or you just want more? If the second, check out the skilhunt h300rc. 2500 lumens. If it's not flooding enough, you can always add some DC-fix

Gaffle

Enlightened
Let's face it, we pushing some serious lumens these days, but continuous at high makes for a hot lamp on the forehead. My Armytek can get hot, but I RARELY need full blast for tasks. Busted out some night smash burgers on the Blackstone with my Wizard on my head. Glorious, I could see everything.