LED Lenser 7744 question

x2x3x2

Banned
hi guys, i was just wondering is the little latch looking thing on the lense of my LL7744 is normal, or is it a crack?

7744.jpg

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
x2x3x2 said:
hi guys, i was just wondering is the little latch looking thing on the lense of my LL7744 is normal, or is it a crack?

My Led Lenser 7840CP has the same notch.

x2x3x2

Banned
hey thanks for the quick info guys. ive got another question... i read over a few posts that this V² CR123 torch is regulated. but i've been unable to find any run time charts n such. how long does this light keep in regulation with say an energizer lithium cr123?

Kiessling

Flashaholic
As it uses 1xCR123 and LuxIII it must either be regulated OR use an extremely low Vf LED which I highly doubt. It isn't that bright, and according to my eyeballs tghe regulation isn't that good either, dropping off smoothly over time. But these are just my personal observations.
bernie

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I m going to post in just 1 tread, but my view goes for all the Zweibrueder / Led-Lenser lights:

THEY JUST SUCK !!!

much too expensive for the value, no HA, not watertight, and finally these damn optics with the hole in the middle. The older models were a real PITA in this dept.,
the model shown above still has this recession where dust and whatever will collect, there is no front glass to save the optics from scratches, ... (at least I never saw a model with one).
Junst handled some davids in their original package and think there is no glass either, way more expensive than Fenix ordered from overseas, ...

Then there are these runtime claims only a dd light might achieve with almost no output at all, ...

In their seize dept: get a comparable Fenix!

Last edited:

Ice

Enlightened
Well, at least their design is the best and most stylish I know! :)
And their new (!) switches seem to work very well indeed (compared e.g. to SureFire's, which I'm not very fond of)!
Of course I don't like the hole either. They say it improves the focus, but I'd prefere water tightness, too...

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
AFAIK the whole does not reach all the way down, so water won't penetrate your light via the optic ... but of course it will pour in through all the other open holes in a typical LedLenser light :green:
bernie

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Huh...I just picked-up a Coast/L.L. 7736 , which is thier new modular light that can accept tape-swicth tailcaps (amongst other tail swicthes using 1" threads).

There's no hole in the optic, instead it looks like it uses a combo optic/reflector. Pkg. says it's a 1.25 watt LED.

I would hardly say this light sucks, as it will out throw any LED Surefire, and out throws my 3W Pelican, Gladius, SL TL-2/LED, etc. It doesn't emit a large overwhelming corona, but the sidespill is usable enough where I'm not concerned about it.

Not a bad light for 40 bucks, that runs off cheap AAA cells...

-dan