High power LED light

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
HD45 and Aleph 3 in that order.

For specialty orders, you can get a 5W Tower Module from ArcMania and put it in a SureFire turbohead..... I believe this will out throw the HD45 but not sure yet until I get my 5W HD45 to compare..... should come later this week.... can't wait!!!!

:thumbsup: WP

pbs357

Enlightened
related question: can you get a bright, long throwing plus wide flood beam from an LED that is similar to the output of a 4x123 12v? I've always regarded LED's as efficient, close range flood beams, or narrow spot throwers.

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
The beam from my ArcMania WX1S Tower Module/Surefire M6 combo has a HUGE flood and a very tight long throwing beam at the same time. I have never seen beam characteristics like that before......really quite something to behold.

Here's a beamshot:

dsc01181red6009ss.jpg

This beamshot is not mine...I borrowed it from a popular fellow CPFer (hope he doesn't mind), but the beam characteristics of his tower module is exactly the same as mine. Note the wide flood and the tight beam.... :thumbsup:

WP

pbs357 said:
related question: can you get a bright, long throwing plus wide flood beam from an LED that is similar to the output of a 4x123 12v? I've always regarded LED's as efficient, close range flood beams, or narrow spot throwers.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
the HD45 5W may lose a bit of brightness to the ArcMania module since the ArcMania module is a S-bin driven at 1A(I believe) and the HD45 is a T-bin Vf driven at 700 mAh. But in the long run I trust the HD45's integral design a little more. The Low on HD45 is a nice bonus too.

Another thing to consider is that the ArcMania module can be used with 3x123 or 3x123x2, so it will have a longer runtime per batery change...the lower Vf doesn't hurt either...

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
LED Logic Striker VG - out-throws the T4 and pretty much every other L3 light there is: Review at flashlightreviews.com

If you sort the Output and Throw Chart on fflashlightreviews.com you'll see the only white L3 setup that out threw it was a 3D Mag with a 3W conversion kit.

Oh, also, it's safe for use with rechargable CR123A cells.

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. The Vf bin for the ArCMania module is S and driven pretty hard at 1000 mA. With 3x2xRCR123, I get more than 2 hours runtime :rock: .

With that said, though...the HD45 WW0T is no slouch at all. Check this out:

dsc01184red6004wt.jpg

The left is the ArcMania WX0S and the right is the HD45 WW0T. Again, these are not my images (I haven't received my HD45 yet). They are actually LunarModule's (I think he has every light known to man). LunarModule, if you are reading this, I hope you don't mind that I borrow your images to illustrate this comparison! :) To put it quite simply, the HD45 kicks *** and I can't wait to get mine.

WP

270winchester said:
the HD45 5W may lose a bit of brightness to the ArcMania module since the ArcMania module is a S-bin driven at 1A(I believe) and the HD45 is a T-bin Vf driven at 700 mAh. But in the long run I trust the HD45's integral design a little more. The Low on HD45 is a nice bonus too.

Another thing to consider is that the ArcMania module can be used with 3x123 or 3x123x2, so it will have a longer runtime per batery change...the lower Vf doesn't hurt either...

Last edited:

Lexus

Enlightened
WAVE_PARTICLE said:
To put it quite simply, the HD45 kicks *** and I can't wait to get mine.
I TOTALLY agree on that!!! :rock:
Darkness, BEWARE! :devil:

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi pbs357!

The towers from ArcMania are a bit of a custom job. His latest offering can be found here: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/108920 unfortunately, they all sold out within a few days.

He may do another run in the future, but nobody would know when that would be. Every now and then, though, you would see these modules creep up in the Custom and Mod B/S/T. I snatched one up not too long ago.

You would need a flashlight host, though, that has one of Surefire's Turboheads. I'm running mine in the M6.

Good luck hunting one down!

WP

pbs357 said:
Wow!

I didn't know LED's could flood that wide while throwing light that far! (Sorry, I'm a bit new) Where can I get an Arcmania...I want one!!!

ront

Newly Enlightened
WHen you guys are talking about the HD45, are you talking about the HDS 45 or something else?

Thanks, Ron