Mag AA accessories fit SF E2

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well...I was at the local REI, today, and picked up a Mini-Mag Accessory Pack, which has the antiroll thingy, and a couple of different colored lenses (amber, red, clear) and a few other goodies for AA minimags...Anyways, I discovered that the anti-roll sleeve and lenses fit an E2 almost perfectly. It extends a bit past the clip screw. The OEM Surefire beam shaper/lens are of very similar design. The pack costs $4.00, about half as much as a SF beamshaper or lens, and the Maglite lens are a bit thinner...I know have a E2 with an amber light...cool...
--dan

Luca

Newly Enlightened
That's right Dano,

Try using the opaque filter of the E2 on your Maglite. NO MORE DARK RINGS ahaah
grin.gif

I had already found this out and keep the transparent filter of the AA on my E2 all the time. It protects the head, which peeps out of my pants pockets and has been slammed against doorways a couple of times. But no harm was done, due to this.

The transparent filter also protects the OEM filter from scratches without taking away too much lumens.

It's a cheap way to play and protect our favourite EDC the E2.

Luca

Tesla

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Luca:
grin.gif

Luca
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool tip.....so basically the Mini-mag & E-lights have same head size/accessories interchange?
shocked.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SF Beamshaper does a really great job on the MiniMag. You need the Winstar bulb for the extra light output since you're taking the beam & spreading it over a much larger area. For the people that have tried the WrightRight, the beamshaper is better X 4. TX

Darell

Flashaholic
OK, I humbly beg for help and clarification once again.

1. Do I understand correctly that I can purchase a Minimag accessory kit for ~$4 and it will include something as good as the beamshaper for my E2? I keep hearing that the beamshaper will fit the Minimag, but does the Minimag kit have an opaque filter that'll fit the E2.

2. I STILL have not found a good source for the Nextstar/Winstar/whatever-is-better-than-stock lamps for my AA Minimags. Can somebody hold my hand and lead me to the source?

Thanks mucho.

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Luca:

grin.gif

I had already found this out and keep the transparent filter of the AA on my E2 all the time.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's the part that confused me... Sounds like you use the SF beamshaper on the Mag, but you use the Mag transparent "filter" on the SF? Oy. My head hurts.

Luca

Newly Enlightened
Hello Darell,

My head hurts too, but for another reason (banged into a corner of the trunk of my car this weekend, just escaped the need of a few stitches
grin.gif
)But hey, I'll try and help lighten things up for you.

The E2/E1 beamshaper (hexagonal rubber thing + filter) is a perfect fit for the Maglite AA. And I really mean Perfect. So you can use the opaque or whatever filter you use with the E series on the Maglite as well. Was this done on purpose by Surefire, Dunno. But the diametre of the head only differs by a hair.

So, yes the coloured lens outfit for the Maglite (Plastic hexagonal stuff withe the coloured and one transparent filter) work on the E2/E1 as well. It's a little bit tighter where the lenseholder has to be pushed over the clip screw of the E-series. But after scraping away some plastic, a perfect fit can be obtained.

This is why I use the Maglite lenseholder + transparent lense for the Maglite over the head of my E2. And I can also use the opaque filter of the E2 on my Maglite.

It works!! Can't imagine you guys hadn't found out about that one ages ago.
grin.gif
wink.gif

The question I have is: is there a white transparent Surefire lense to use with the lenseholder? It sounds silly, but I think it protects the lexan lense and the head.

Luca

Darell

Flashaholic
Thanks. So, I can't get a beamshaper for the SF simply buy purchasing the cheap Mag accessory kit. Damn. Thought I was onto something there.

I think I got it straight now...