Question re. SF z58 tailcap **FIXED**

The Porcupine

Enlightened
The z58 clicky tailcap on my SF L5 doesn't work like it's supposed to! SureFire has promissed they'll send me a new one asap (back ordered right now)
It works fine in momentary, but will often leave the light on when I try to click it off. I have to click on/off a few times before it's working right again, leading me to think it might just be something that needs lubrication, bending, nudging, etc. inside!:)
I was wondering if there's anything I can do about it until I get the new one as the L5 is my most used light! Can it be taken apart and put back together again by a tech challenged guy? (That would of course be me!)

Also, I was trying out the z41 tailcap from my M3 on the L5 and it worked fine. The z58 however, wouldn't work on the M3, but worked on my G2.....? Wondering if it's a result of the problems mentioned above or it simply isn't meant to be used with the M3?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
Re: Question re. SF z58 tailcap

The Porcupine said:
Also, I was trying out the z41 tailcap from my M3 on the L5 and it worked fine. The z58 however, wouldn't work on the M3, but worked on my G2.....? Wondering if it's a result of the problems mentioned above or it simply isn't meant to be used with the M3?
Thanks in advance!
The z58 should work on the M3 (works on my setup), basically, if it fits, it should work.

I have an issue with my z58, the button (and the switch beneath it) moves around, and feels 'mushy', althought it works 100% reliably to turn the light on or off.

Topper

Flashaholic*

Just for laughs and giggles, try cleaning the threads. I can't understand why it will work on the G2 but not the M3.
Topper :)

The Porcupine

Enlightened

RAF_Groundcrew said:
The z58 should work on the M3 (works on my setup), basically, if it fits, it should work.

I have an issue with my z58, the button (and the switch beneath it) moves around, and feels 'mushy', althought it works 100% reliably to turn the light on or off.
That's what I thought too! But no go! My z58 feels exactly that way too!

Topper;
Good idea! I tried it, as it has previously worked with my A2, but not with this one!

The Porcupine

Enlightened

I realize it may have been discussed before, but I can't seem to find it! Anybody know how to take one of these things apart without destroying it?:)

Thanks!

The Porcupine

Enlightened
Fixed!

Just got a new z58 from SureFire! Works perfectly! Thanks to Hoghead and Litfuse for your advice!:)