Two Stage for SF 6P

Tacfolder

Newly Enlightened
I hate to show my ignorance, but I find that I have no choice
awman.gif

I tried to find an answer with the search function, but it apparently didn't like my questions
huh2.gif

I just installed a G&P 3W module from Lighthound in my SF 6P, and would like to have a 2 stage switch for it. Is such a thing available?

If someone answers this, please type slowly so I can understand
icon3.gif

Thanks, everyone.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, but it might work with the 3W LED module.. I've not seen a switch that was plug and play, but I'd bet it could be done for minimal costs..

Chris201W

Enlightened
I doubt you'll find anything. Most people leave their 6P's and comparable lights like the G2 and C2 in incandescent form, which is not good for two stage. Therefore, I would be very suprised if someone bothered to manufacture or mod a two stage switch compatible with the 6P. You could always try to figure out how to mod a switch yourself :). Might be easier with a clickie than a twisty, but you never know.

Cypher

Enlightened
Tacfolder,

First off, welcome to CPF. To answer your question, yes I am quite sure that there is a two stage option for your 6P w/ drop-in. I am amazed that no one has mentioned it yet. There is a custom light system called Aleph made by a member of CPF that includes a two stage switch.

The Aleph system is compatible with surefire E series lights however there was a do-it-yourself kit that came out a while ago that you can put in the Classic series (P/C/M) lights. These switch kits are available from the sandwich shoppe. I do not have one of these switches yet but I am see no reason why it wouldn't work with the 3 watt drop-in.

Here's the link to the sandwich shoppe. Click on "classic 2 stage switch kit" and it has a link back here to CPF on how to install it.

http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.com/index.php?cPath=48_56_70

Last edited: