A2 makes buzzing sound

Dustin Liu

Banned
I just got my Surefire A2.:) It is great, but recently when playing with my flashlight it makes a buzzing sound if you press just enough to light the incandescent light bulb. Just barely press it so the incandescent light bulb will activate and put it to your ear you might hear it.

Does anyone else have the sound?
Is it a problem?

:huh2::huh2::huh2::huh2::huh2::huh2::huh2::huh2::huh2:

carrot

Flashaholic
This happens to me as well. As far as I can tell, it's the sound from the regulator activating, and appears similar in its nature to the buzzing/humming from the Surefire U2 and HDS EDC. I'm not completely sure what electrical component would make the noise, but it is probably a wire coil or inductor. I wouldn't worry about it.

planex

Newly Enlightened
Yes, my A2 makes a very soft buzzing sound when the incandescent lamp is activated. It actually sounds to me to be coming from the tailcap rather than at the bezel. I can't hear it unless my ear is right up against the tailcap.

Flakey

Enlightened
my u2 is stealthy apparently and makes no noise on any setting ..... maybe there is a bee stuck in your lamp assembly, and the warmth from the incan bulb pisses him off?
:lolsign:

atm

Enlightened
My Gladius makes a high pitched sound I find very noticeable (and slightly annoying in quiet conditions), particularly on the higher settings. Some folks can't hear it though, maybe it's near the limit of our hearing.

Andrew

CLHC

Flashaholic
My SureFire L2 will make a low sounding "buzzing" noise when depressed on "low" light setting. Normal, and sure does not bother me none.

Enjoy Your Light! That's All!

LEDMaster2003

Newly Enlightened
My A2 doesn't hum. I'll have to check the U2 when I get the replacement tailcap from SF.

(was trying to think of some joke about the A2 actually knowing the words to the song...)