The bulb in my refrigerator went out

Cypher

Enlightened
Luckily I had my E2L on my hip. I might just be too busy to get a replacement bulb for the next few days. If anyone is looking for another reason use their lights it's only a few twist of the fridge bulb away. "Shoot honey, it looks like our refrigerator bulb burned out..............again."

WNG

Enlightened
Hmmmm, I always thought and LED bulb would be ideal for the refridgerator!
Low wattage, almost no heat output, lasts longer than the fridge itself.

BlackDecker

Enlightened
Makes no sense to have a hotwire bulb inside a refrigerator.... oven maybe, but not a refrigerator. Agree that LED's would be perfect for inside of fridge/freezer.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Plus if it's a power led like a luxeon, then the cold air would help cool it and make it more efficient!!!

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is gonna go out soon too I just know it. It is constantly on, no matter what time of day or night I look inside it is on...

AlexSchira

Enlightened
You'd think the manufacturers would catch onto this by now, being able to slap on a few extra bucks for the LED, with less complaints about the bulb quality or lifetime. And the white output would make the interior look cleaner, and the flood would be great for midnight snacking without having to turn on the houselights. And the low energy consumption...Wow, never really thought of using such amazing technology in something as simple as an icebox.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Lee1959 said:
Mine is gonna go out soon too I just know it. It is constantly on, no matter what time of day or night I look inside it is on...
:crackup:

Our fridge went nuts the other day. The whole thing turned into a gigantic freezer. Everything froze! I unplugged it and performed some advanced Voo-doo for a day. The incantations worked, things eventually thawd out and iIt's working like it's supposed to again. Has anybody else have this happen to their fridges?

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where do you live? I have seen this happen in a locale with very high humidity, no airconditioning and the coils are not scrupulously clean.

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just replaced the freezer bulb with a red LED bulb (odd socket size, I had it laying around) There is a slight door-into-Hell effect when you open it. Given time, I expect the family to adjust.

AlexSchira

Enlightened
With how my girlfriend cooks, a red LED would be fitting...and maybe a few dancing gremlins like in that first Ghostbusters...
Cubans should not be allowed near Italian recipes. And...nuclear warheads and all that.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
AlexSchira said:
...and maybe a few dancing gremlins like in that first Ghostbusters...

You usually don't see that kind of behavior in a major appliance.
Bill Murray in Ghostbusters, after looking in the fridge.