my 12 dollar target light

mopar

Newly Enlightened
Just picked up this River Rock 1.5 watt LED spotlight it uses 2 C batterries. Seems pretty decent for $12.88 plus tax. Was on Sale Regularily $25
Next to my other lights for size comparison. Seem Very stout and has a nice spot beam.

DSC00716.JPG

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
What? It's $12.88 now? Must be on sale... normally retails for a little less than twice that, I think. I need to check Target tomorrow.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
The River Rock lights were on approx HALF price sale at Target for virtually the whole of February -
I first bought the 2AA version for $9.88 and was pretty impressed with its spot beam - so also bought the 2C version for $12.88 -

Comparison reviews -

River Rock 1.5w 2C

River Rock 1.5w 2AA

WNG

Enlightened
All the RR 2C lights have been cleaned out of my neighboring Targets in Beantown.
Luckily, I also picked up two during the Feb sale. For $12.88, it's a worthwhile buy. Its runtime compared to the 2AA model is so much better. And this is from a pair of Eveready NiCads. The 2AA version dims considerably before 2 hrs. running on 1800mAh NiMHs.

ghostrider

Enlightened
Thanks for the heads-up mopar.

I managed to buy two the last time round. I only checked one store, but they were the last two at that store at that time. Now my neighbor wants one. I know they have restocked them so will check tomorrow. Just Wensday, I visited six different Target and none of them had this light marked down. My 2AA RR is brighter, but the 2C has the run time, and I like the feel.

DaveG

Enlightened
Just checked my Target,still full price on the 2aa and 2c RR lights.