• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *Sold & Shipped* Mint Superflashlight III (original combat grip version)

InFlux

Enlightened
For sale is a limited edition SuperFlashlight III (#24/25). This is the original version with the combat grip. I don't wanna sell, but need the money.

Light features an overachieving TX1H and MJ Super Down Convertor, and utilizes kroll clicky switch and optic.

Light is bright and white, and in Mint condition, and has never been carried.

I'll try to get a photo up if I can locate my camera, but check out Jtice's site for great photos of #25/25.

Asking $345 shipped in the US. PayPal Only (cash or credit same great price). International shipping available for additonal $25 to countries served by U.S. Global Priority. I cannot be held responsible for loss. *SOLD! PENDING PAYMENT*

Feel free to ask questions via PM or in this thread, but first "I'll Take It!" without change- get's this rare, overbuilt, beauty.

Last edited:

InFlux

Enlightened
Re: F/S Mint Superflashlight III (original combat grip version)

Oooops. Just noticed there is a tiny ding on the bezel. Let's make it $335 :)

Mini-Moder

Enlightened

As tempting as it is, I am going to have to pass....Can't afford it right now, but this is great light.

Last edited:

InFlux

Enlightened

Sold Pending Payment!

PM sent!

Last edited:

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Re: *Pending* Mint Superflashlight III (original combat grip version)

I'd like to upgrade my shipping method to USPS Express please. Cant stand the transit time for this light.... too nice and i'm too excited!

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: *Pending* Mint Superflashlight III (original combat grip version)

Thats a hot lookin' light. Whats the lumen output and runtime specs on that badboy?

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
dsc00569red8009th.jpg

dsc00572red8007gk.jpg

dsc00571red8002mm.jpg

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Well, I must say... absolute top of the range, exceptional looker and performer. From the bottom of my heart, an abundance of gratitude for this addition to my stable of bright shiny things. Superflashlight III turned my whole flashlight love affair on its ear with its arrival, nothing except the McLux III PD and Icarus customs utterly blew me away from moment one to the present. Mike has given me an extraordinarily wonderful gift in the form of these lights, and you, Rob, are the fellow who made this final connection a reality for me. I am thrilled with this gem. Except for the bezel scratch. You made it sound minor on the phone, but in person its larger than the Grand Canyon.. just kidding ;) So great to cross paths with you again, I hope to do so in the future.... think Ti PD, Ti PD, Ti PD.......

InFlux

Enlightened
Glad you like it. Grand Canyon? Did you get one of those photochromothingies we spoke about? :nana:

Regentag

Banned
Hmmm. Should've bought this one.
I don't know what I was thinking.
Nice catch, *bing* Lunar *bing*

Cheers,

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
I was in the right place, right time. Always curious about the optic Lux III version, and for MUCH longer runtime and optic-style spot beam I prefer it to my top dog, the CPF edition SFIII Lux V WX0T 1000mA. Funny how I always tend to slide in right at the tail end of "windowed" events, and likewise my SFIIIs are numbered 24/25 for the optic version, and 107 and 108/110 for the Lux V version. I really hope you find a nice one, either way is a winner. My collection is hereby complete, unless an alien life form LED integrates itself into an SFIII body.

Mini-Moder

Enlightened
I love how the blue light fills the optic in those pics.

Anyway, what do you think of the different grip style? Is it nicer, or not as nice as the other SFIII grip?

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Mini,

Let me put it this way. Night and day. Nothing at all to complain about with the later version (plain, straight tube). The knurling provides a nice grip surface, just right in terms of aggresiveness. But the "combat grip"... holy COW!!! what a superior feel, SO much better than the later version. I cant for the life of me figure out why they changed and went "backwards" to a plain straight tube. Nice thing is the tubes are interchangeable, and (ask me how I know) the tubes are thread and fit compatible with the Pentagonlight L3 5W light! I was STUNNED to find this out. Since the original Lux III optic version uses a Super Down Converter (buck type) it can handle 3 RCR123 cells so I use the Pentagonlight (3 123 cell tube) for extended runtime. HA is a real close match too.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lunar, snap a quick pick, if you can, of the different batt tubes ... especially the Pentagonlight L3 3x123 tube on the SFIII. and the SFIII combat grip on the Pentagonlight.

Thanks.
Curtis

Last edited:

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
I forgot to mention, but this is CRITICAL should anyone that has both lights (Pentagonlight L3 and SFIII) and tries to swap tubes. The Pentagonlight is very rare in that it carries the batteries "backwards", the positive terminal (anode) faces the tailcap, negative terminal of the cells faces the head of the light. Also, the L3 tube carries 3x 123 cells. I usually fill it with 2x 17500 LiIon rechargeables. The SFIII (optic version) uses a buck converter. and is safe to use 3x R123 or 2x 17500 cells in the Pentagonlight tube. But this will fry the Luxeon V on the later Superflashlights. The converter in those has a max Vin of 6V, so 2x R123 (or 3x R123 or 2x 17500 in the Pentagonlight L3 tube) will overload the converter put it in direct drive. The light is noticeably brighter, but I'll wager my lunch money it will be so for less than a whole discharge cycle before it goes *poof*. Mini Moder asked me about using R123s in the Lux V version. Dont do it. It certainly wont last, and unrepairable damage to the LED is certain.

The Pentagonlight L3 tube swap is most beneficial for optic/early SFIIIs.

However, these combat grip handles are the most comfortable flashlight handles I have ever held. I REALLY like these!

Its all quite subjective, but the advantage of the combat grip as its called is more than aesthetic.