USL: What is it?

Rando

Enlightened
Ok, I've seen the threads for the Ultimate Stealth Light, and I know they're limited and expensive, and they can be used as an ignition source. What I wondered is: What is it made of? Is it completely custom, or is it a modified production light? What bulb does it use? Batteries? Voltage, amperage, lumens? How does it compare to a ROP or Mag85? What's the backlog/wait time look like? Orders being taken currently, or plans for another run in the future? I saw a payment chart somewhere with standard or upgraded, what's the difference?

Thanks for the info!

paulr

Flashaholic
If you've seen the threads on the USL, then you'd see that they answer all your questions. Basically it's a modified Maglite, with completely custom guts, high current NiMH battery pack, 100 watt Osram slide projector bulb, 3000-ish lumens for about 5 minutes runtime. The ROP and Mag85 are glowsticks by comparison. No orders being taken now, all units have been spoken for and prepaid. Some units have been delivered, further ones are coming along slowly because of build- and battery-related issues. Upgraded means it comes with a fancy computerized battery charger instead of a basic charger. If you want to buy one, watch BST for a while, occasionally someone offers to sell their place in the waiting list.

Rando

Enlightened
All the threads I found involved the ordering/delivery/payment process (ie a lot of "got mine today!" posts). I couldn't find any actual specs/hardware info. Thanks for educating me.