F-3HR: 1.5 Watt Pocket Flashlight

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks nice and great price. The only thing I don't like is the 3 AAA battery thing, other than that, pretty nice. It looks like the beam will be floody though. The chopped reflectors may yeild a strange projection??

Last edited:

Russell52

Newly Enlightened
For that price I may be tempted to purchase one :) Seen them on ebay,but not that cheap..The reflector kinda looks like 3 of the nuwai's slammed into one,so throw might just be alright.. I know 17 5mm leds work better than one,so surely 3 .5watters will work well :p...

Russ

tvman

Newly Enlightened
I got the same email earlier this week.

NEW: F-3HL & F-3HR: 1.5 Watt LED Pocket Flashlights

- Uses 3 x 0.5 Watt LED bulbs

- Low power consumption but still casts a long beam (10 hours usage)

- lightweight aluminum design and uses regular 3 x AAA batteries

- Sale Price $9.99

CLHC

Flashaholic
Interesting looking light. That one kind of reminds me of the Dorcy or Garrity 3 AAA light I see at OSH.

stjohnh

Newly Enlightened
I think its interesting too, just ordered one, don't like the AAA either though.

Holland

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its a great concept, but the batteries are a terrible choice. It could be a 1C light or something. That would give much more runtime although maybe a little less output that that can be remedied with a nice boost converter or something.

stjohnh

Newly Enlightened
Maybe it will run on a 18500 Li-Ion cell. Also may be an easy tail switch mod for hi-lo.

Holland

stjohnh

Newly Enlightened
Well, I got the light, 1.5 watt from goldengadgets:

http://www.goldengadgets.com/product_info.php?products_id=298&osCsid=40e7770e7ab2fd2b4dc5e335bca954df

It looks even nicer than the photo, very good looking light. Draws about 350ma from the batteries=1.5 watts. Seems a bit brighter than my other 1 watt lights (except the Dorcy super 1 watt that is a little brighter... judged by ceiling bounce test).

It is surprisingly light weight, easy to carry in pocket, though it also doesn't feel "strong" like heavier lights. Machining is about what I expect from a $10 Chinese light. Tint is quite nice, very slight blue tint compared to the Dorcy Super 1 watt.

Runs fine on a 14500 Lithium Ion rechargable cell, same brightness as 3 new AAA alkalines.

The 3 LED's are the same style as those in the River Rock 1/2 watt lights, though slightly smaller (and not as blue tinted).

Beam is slightly irregular with a fairly large hot spot and medium sidespill. Throw is better than my 8-led AAA clone lights that draw 1.5 watts also, brightness is about the same. Throw is better on common 1 watt Luxeon lights than on this triple led light.

It will stand on its tail cap, but leans. Tail clicky is sealed with a solid platic plug, I don't know how to get these out without destroying them. The head is not removable, body and head are one piece. I think the reflector/circuit board unit is pressed in place. No threads to be seen inside the body.

The rubber grip is very nice, good looking and good grabby feel to it.

Holland

Last edited:

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since construction seems to be of low quality, I suppose it would be easy to take out the triple reflector and use it for something else? :D

stjohnh

Newly Enlightened
Price on Golden Gadgets has gone up to $15, but Advancedmart.com now also carries this light for 9.99.

Holland