Just Bought an Ion CR2, HDS XRGT, and an Orb Raw

hivoltage

Enlightened
Yep, I just bought all 3 flashlights. :rock: I will probably keep 2 of them and 1 will be sold. I couldnt make up my mind on which light to get, so I decided to get them all and keep the 1 or 2 I liked best. Any bets on which 2 will be keepers and which 1 will end up on the for sale forum? I want something small, light and bright that I could carry on a small belt holster.

Macaw

Enlightened
Certainly I would think that the HDS to be the prime keeper.

Soniq7

Newly Enlightened
And I thought I was bad. Last week the Brightstar HID, this week the HDS U60XRGT. I got it bad...:awman:

CLHC

Flashaholic
hivoltage said:
I want something small, light and bright that I could carry on a small belt holster.
My guess would be the Ion CR2 will up for "grabs" on the B/S/T—

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the HDS and ION and love them both!

hivoltage

Enlightened
I might keep em all. I just figured I have been deciding on which light to get for weeks, why not get them all end lose the one you dont like, if there is one. They sell pretty well. Actually, I have had the HDS for a couple weeks now and need something to compare it to. BTW...I bought them all from Lighthound. What a Great place!!!!!!! And I love the little free light he gives with an order. It is one bright little keychain LED.

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you plan to play around with them, I'd say you're likely to sell the CR2 Ion.

However, if you actually plan to carry and use them, you'll have the HDS clipped to your pocket and the Ion on your keychain.

The Ion isn't really an "impressive" light (the craftsmanship is impressive, but I'm talking about the beam), but it's extremely useful. Carrying the HDS and the Orb at the same time would be redundant. But the flood beam of the Ion compliments the HDS's hotspot/spill wonderfully. Even on high, it's much easier to read or look at things closely with the Ion because there's no bright hotspot reflecting and blinding you.

whorton5

Newly Enlightened
The great thing about buying the HDS for me was that it weaned me off of Surefires! Yeah, the SF's are brighter and sexier, but they sit around unused now as I carry and use my U60XR constantly. The multiple settings, small size, and guilt-free rechargeable batteries make it an endlessly useful light! Today we even used it during the day while geocaching. Needed to look in a hollow tree's knot hole for a cache! :) I am still on the first rechargeable battery.

hivoltage

Enlightened
Tell ya What....when I get all 3 together, I will give a mini review. I will take a hike up our trail into the darkness and play with all 3 lights and let you all know what I think of them!!!!

ront

Newly Enlightened
SO glad you like the U60XR whorton5!! SO you do some geocaching? I am trying to get started in it. What GPS do you have. I have a Garmin Legend C.

Ron

faco

Enlightened
I bought an E1L, U2 & a RAW Ns in one week and thought I was going mad.....now I know I'm just normal :)

barnabe

Newly Enlightened
hivoltage said:
Yep, I just bought all 3 flashlights. :rock: I will probably keep 2 of them and 1 will be sold. I couldnt make up my mind on which light to get, so I decided to get them all and keep the 1 or 2 I liked best. Any bets on which 2 will be keepers and which 1 will end up on the for sale forum? I want something small, light and bright that I could carry on a small belt holster.

Of course, just keep 'em all....:rock: