Some specs on Surefire is wrong!

Kenshiro

Enlightened
Hello, all.
I've downloaded all the .pdf files from PK's site about the surefire products, but some specs seem to be wrong.
The catalog with the table for all the lights say that the G2 is 4.9 inches and 4.1 ounces. The 6P is 4.9 inches and 5.2 ounces. the Z2 is 4.9 inches and 4.8 ounces.
Now, I didn't have a weight measure with me, but I went down to my local store to see if they really were the same length.....
They're not!
The Z2 and 6P seem to be the same, but the G2 was clearly shorter.
Does anyone have the real specs for the measurements? Anybody done they're own measurements?

Thanks.

Ken

SurefireM6

Enlightened
I think the tailcap has alot to do with that. The G2 doesn't come with a lockout tailcap unless I'm mistaken. The Lockout Tailcap adds an extra 1/4" or so to the length and may still be considered an "Add-On" so the measurements may be taken with a regular cap screwed all the way in. All this is speculation.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by flexmodem:
I think the tailcap has alot to do with that. The G2 doesn't come with a lockout tailcap unless I'm mistaken. The Lockout Tailcap adds an extra 1/4" or so to the length and may still be considered an "Add-On" so the measurements may be taken with a regular cap screwed all the way in. All this is speculation.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I measured some of my 6P's and was surprised to see that one "body" was 3 1/8 " long and the other was 3 5/16". The tailcap spring in the shorter one is harder to depress.

Brightnorm.