L4! Great

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just bought my L4 about 20 min ago, this light is super floody and bright. It literally creates a wall of light. It super compact too. This light is awesome. The Luxeon is not that deep in maybe thats why its soo floody. Great Surefire flashlights everday.

Galiphrey

Enlightened
Yep, it's great alright!! It's floody in part because of the Lux-V. I like the very flat output curve.

By the way, you can make it even MORE compact with a single-cell body like vital gear or a E1e and using a li-ion RCR-123.

Last edited:

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes thats sounds interesting. Yes it is a flood monster, this light will do good in the Forest's of Oregon. SureFire makes some excellent lights but especially this awesome forum. Just what i needed every family member thought i was a complete crazy person. This is Great!!

Galiphrey

Enlightened
What would be fun is if you happen to run into a family member in one of those Oregon forests who is very happy with, say, a mini-mag or such, and then you can turn on your L4 and almost HEAR the sound of its light emission. :) It sounds like this: "Wooosh!"

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol yes. My uncle was just hear and he was fixing the tv with a yes i said it mini mag. I said here use this he was like "WHOA, this little thing is bright" and i said thats why i bought it. As soon as i told him the price he was like no thanks! but im going to have a blast in oregon with my L4 and L6

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Galiphrey said:
Yep, it's great alright!! It's floody in part because of the Lux-V. I like the very flat output curve.

The L4 has the best regulator I've comes across. To my eyes, it appears to be at maximum brightness all the way until it drops out of regulation. The L4 is a real gem.

roguesw

Enlightened
galiphrey, i believe the sound of a L4 coming on is similar to the sound of the proton packs used in ghost busters
its kinda like a deep thrum lol

skalomax, u will enjoy the L4, great light, now u can go play flashlight lego with the e series body

Fiddleback

Enlightened
I love my L4 also. It'll light up my entire back yard, and still throws well enough to see a racoon in the op of my oak tree. Good eough for me.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like my L4 too. Get the 17670 and two way switch and it is even more incredible!

Paul6ppc

Enlightened
Where do you get the 2 stage switch? Ive never owned a surefire (shame on me)Never really spent enough time looking at them,they always seemed a lot of $$ for the output the gave.But this sounds interesting.Do they make a 1 cell version similar to this beam?

Any beamshots?

ront

Newly Enlightened
The L4 was my first very nice light. It is a great little light. If you can, get the 2 stage switch as already mentioned. It is a very nice improvement!

Ron

DanPar

Newly Enlightened
I Love my L4. I work in avionics so Its great looking into the small areas of the aircraft. Pilots love the light too. I have turned many of pilots on to this magnificent product.

Paul6ppc

Enlightened
If you run a 17670 or put a short body with r123 will output be decreased?6V vs 4.15.
How would the flood capability and brightness compare to an Ion?

Galiphrey

Enlightened
Paul6ppc said:
If you run a 17670 or put a short body with r123 will output be decreased?6V vs 4.15.

I notice NO decrease in output in either of these configurations. (That's not to say that a light meter wouldn't argue with me, but if it did, I would say it is splitting hairs.)

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L4 is a great light. Slim body, a good wall of light when you need it. If only it was dimmable..... that'll make a great light even better!

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light my every expectations. Its ultra floody and has some throw. Its emits a super white beam and has a excellent size perfect for edc. I also was using it outside and it still has some throw i was lighting up top of trees with ease. This light is truly one good edc. Thanks for all the Help