Fenix L2T and L1T Question Please

Yukon_Jack

Enlightened
I'm I right that the L2T and L1T have exactly the same HEAD/LED assembly? If I bought just one of them and then got the other "bodies" would that be the way to go? Can I get just one light to play with then order the custom shorter bodies for the type batteries, C123 etc?

paulr

Flashaholic
It appears that the L1T and L2T have the exact same head, but the body tubes are NOT interchangeable with the L1P/L2P body tubes. So it's likely that the existing custom 123/CR2 tubes that fit the L1P/L2p will not fit the T's. Presumably the folks making the custom tubes will also make tubes for the T lights once the T's are shipping, of course. Of course Fenix might decide to make its own short tubes, since it's already making a CR123A-powered light.

Yukon_Jack

Enlightened
Thanks Paul. I'm debating with myself about also ordering the LOP at the same time to save on shipping. My holdback is that it seems likely the LOP will get a two stage upgrade which I see at a great benifit.

Walt175

Enlightened
From what I've read it looks like the bodies will work, but only in high mode. You'll lose the low mode, but gain battery versatility.