Flashlights on Martha Stewart

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I will be a guest on Martha Stewart Living TV with a part of my flashlight collection on February 6 on CBS in the morning (check local times - 9am in New York area).
Also, our 5th Annual Flashlight Collectors Convention will take place at the Lincoln Plaza Hotel in Reading, PA on April 26 & 27. Last year we had over 100 people thru the door, loads of tables and samples from Streamlight, Eveready, TekTite, Ray-O-Vac, and Koehler Bright Star. Contact me for a registration form or see photos of last year's show at flashlight" TARGET=_blank>[url]http://www.wordcraft.netflashlight convention</A>

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good Luck on Martha Stewart! Can you find out when it will air on a cable or satalite channel, like FoodTV or HGTV?

That should be fun.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
BuddTX. You didn't say what kind of satellite so here's what I found.
C Band........KCNC on W7-6
DirecTV.......CBSE on 380
Dish Network..CBS on 243
I hope this helps. Dana

P.S. Go to www.tripled.com for sat listings.
grin.gif

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Dana,

DTV is what I have. I didn't know if it was a local show carried via syndication, or a national cable show.

Feb 6th, hey that's this wednesday!

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
BuddTX,
MS is aired on one of the network channels here, probably at 10:00. Check the local guide. TX

WaltH

Enlightened
I'm going to try and tape the show while I'm at work. Would like to see MS's reaction to the impressive flashlight technology. I bet she's a 2D cheapo user...flashlight that is.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
stuarts1031,

Member no 12, and such an infrequent poster, 7 in total !!
I have a copy of your book "Collecting Flashlights", sitting on my bookshelf.

I have (of course) read your site - but I can't find a link to CandlePowerForums - can you tell us where it is ?

Thank you,

lightlover
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif
shocked.gif
wink.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Martha Stewart? Is it going to be live? Give her an M-6 and tell her it's a kaleidoscope...

just kidding.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice JOB!

I never knew why they were called flashlights!

Very interesting. Nice collection of "antique" flashlights.

I wish she would have let you spend a little time on modern flashlights, the benifits of LED lights, alternatives to common lights (sure fire, streamlight, surge, e2, arc aaa), Martha Stewart watchers would be a good group of users to use LED's - Long light life, for close illumination, say within a room.

What was the experience like of being on the show?

What was the web site that you mentioned?
(edit - Never mind, I found it, it was www.wordcraft.net)!

What was that LED light that you were showing her at the end?

Good Job once again!

PS: If anyone is interested, here is the link on Martha Stewart's page: http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?type=content&styleType=tvradio&catid=ca t5444&id=tvs6665

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I never knew why they were called flashlights!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK... I'm game. Why are they called "flashlights" - I don't have cable or sat, so I couldn't watch the show.
frown.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Doug P. The darn things and the batteries where so expensive that owners used them in a momentary mode. Hence the "flash".
grin.gif

Velcro

Enlightened
BuddTX and Quickbeam, you guys didn't know why flashlights are called flashlights? And you call yourself flashaholic?! You should be ashamed!
blush.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif

Greetings,
Velcro

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought it was because the first "flashers" would use them in poor lighting conditions. That's where the idea came from the the size of a man's flashlight is inversely parportional to the size of his......
rolleyes.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif
TX

D

**DONOTDELETE**

i liked the desert whatever flashlight that you had to squeeze to get it going
grin.gif
grin.gif

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I never knew why they were called flashlights! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Hubert's first flashlights were hand-made from crude paper and fiber tubes, with a bulb and a rough brass reflector. Because batteries were weak and bulbs primitive, flashlights of the era produced only a brief flash of light—thus the name.

--Energizer.com - Learning Center - History of Flashlights <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>