Looking for rechargeable flashlight

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Looking for suggestions on rechargeable flashlights for keeping around the house for power failures, etc. Have looked at different Stinger and SureFire, what are people's opinions?? Looking for something no longer than about 10 inches and durable.

Thanks,

Guy

DaveH

Enlightened
I have a mag-lite rechargeable and a streamlight stinger. If power is most important then the mag-lite wins. But the stinger is much more handy and really quite powerful for it's size.

I almost always reach for it.

DaveH

hmmwv

Newly Enlightened
Your original question lead towards a great solution with the streamlight light box - a 20W wide area beam rechargable in its cradle, wich starts the light when the power goes out. I like the idea that after mounting it to a wall somehwere it would likely stay put - and be easily found if it grows legs and walks.

Another entry into the rechargable scheme that I'd consider is the surefire 8nx - with 2 extra batteries, a fast charger, and the secure lamp, it's a good value at under $100
I don't think they have any sort of auto-on when power fails capability.

Let us know which you decide on - good thoughts there!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Consider the MagLite in 3 D or 4 D cell size. You can get Carley krypton lamps in three different amperages for this application, and the highest amperage lamp lasts about 90 min. This is with the Radio Shack hi cap NiCd batteries, 4500 mAh.

Keep a couple of MagLites set up with alkaline cells and xenon lamps for long term light (12-14 hours).

Walt