Have any Stainless screws for ErgoXray?

Terrapin Flyer

Newly Enlightened
Not sure if I posted this in the right area. If not, plz feel free to move.

I've checked every applicable store in town looking for stainless steel screws to replace those found on the Eternalight ErgoXray. Mine will be part of my kayaking equipment and will probably get wet from time to time, hence rust is bound to occur.

Anyone have any that will directly replace what's presently there or know where to get some? I'll gladly pay for them + shpg.

I'm aware the new Elite has stainless screws, and I have one on order, but I'd really like to make my existing ErgoXray as marine friendly as possible (already did the Li batt upgrade so it floats).

Thanks Gang!

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Home Depot doesn't carry very many small parts. I always go first to True Value hardware for stainless steel screws. I hope you have access to one in your area.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you got a Lowe's or Home Depot, ect? They have specialty racks in the nuts and bolts section and one of them is all stainless stuff. Or try a marine store.
Dana

Plinko

Newly Enlightened
As I recall, this matter was address a few months back over on the TechAss Webpage. After searching the world over to no avail, the folks at EternaLight said they had such difficulty finding a suitable stainless screw source, that they had to commission a new screw production for the new EliteXRay.
frown.gif

If you locate something that works, do tell so I can replace the screws in my Ravn 2!
wink.gif

Terrapin Flyer

Newly Enlightened
It appears South Coast Stainless *may* have what we need, but I'm kinda a dummy when it comes to screw specs. If someone would be kind enough to tell me the type, length, diam., thread pitch, and head for these screws then I'll attempt to get a number of them and make 'em available to CPF Eternalight owners. Perhaps along with a 3' section of Sterling GloCord for a lanyard?

Hmm, this is beginning to sound like a very low-level mod project
grin.gif