who is smarter male or females

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i say females for sure.im a male and i know females are better then us in everyway but for sure there smarter.i like when a female beats a guy in a male dominated sport go Danica Patrick ya rule

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Oh yeah - don't let ANYONE tell you different...FEMALES have the all "power" and I certainly respect that!!

Seriously? It takes a team - they have their talents/skills/brains and men have their's as well. I've certainly known some women that were smarter than some men and some men that were smarter than some women. How's that for a political answer?! :D

Just as we all have different personalities (as a result of genes, DNA, environment, upbringing, etc...) - it takes all of us to make this world work!

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say that men and women are equaly smart.

but men are far more inventive.

women are a lot better at multi-tasking than men, which means men are more single minded.

have you seen programs on great inventors, how they dont eat or sleep for days, they are so consumed by their work.

regards.

Last edited:

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you can only judge males and females as individuals and shouldn't apply group statistics (about any group) as general judgements about people, especially for something as slippery as "intelligence" (what is it, really? - how did old man Walmart do on his Stanford-Benet test?).

People can draw up many examples to justify their viewpoint. An example: there are now more women in college than men (more than even their proportion of the population) in the US.

But that doesn't say anything about the next woman you meet. Only way to find that out is to look her in the eye and ask her yourself...

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it varies by person, not sex. Now if you did by numbers, who knows, who cares.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I think there's more than one kind of intelligence. Men aree traditionally better at left-brained stuff - 3D visualization, mechanical aptitude, etc while women are better at right-brain skills like language and the arts. Women are better at reading non-verbal communication during a conversation. This is probably a self-preservation mechanism that's developed over the ages.

Your mileage may vary of course. Some people who have a very rich web of neural connections across both hemispheres tend to be above average in both left-brain and right-brain skills.

GalvanickLucifer

Newly Enlightened
I think the Grateful Dead have already answered the question quite some time ago:

Let us put men and women together
See which one is smarter
Some say men, but I say no
Women run the men like a puppet show

It ain't me
It's the people that say
Men are leading the women astray
But I say, it's the women today
Smarter than the man in every way

Chorus:
That's right
The women are smarter
That's right
The women are smarter
That's right
The women are smarter
The women are smarter
That's right

Little boy sit on the corner and cry
Big man come and he asked him why
He said, "I can't do what the big boys do"
The man sat down and he cried too

It ain't me
It's the people that say

Chorus:
That's right
The women are smarter
That's right
The women are smarter
That's right
The women are smarter
The women are smarter
That's right, that's right

Ever since the world began
Women been banned from the ways of man
Listen boy cuz I've got a plan
Give it up, don't try and understand

It ain't me
It's the people that say

Chorus:
That's right
The women are smarter
That's right
The women are smarter
That's right
The women are smarter
The women are smarter
That's right

Let us put men and women together
See which one is smarter
Some say men, but I say no
Women run the men like a puppet show

It ain't me
It's the people that say

Chorus:
That's right
The women are smarter
That's right
The women are smarter
That's right
The women are smarter
The women are smarter
That's right, that's right

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
If you watch both sexes chase after each other you are have to conclude.... neither is smarter..... both are stupider than the other.....

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the end if all IQs of females and Males were compared, I honestly believe that the result would say that men and women are equally intelligent.

I do, however, believe that men and women have different intelligences..
-tom

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i never saw a female look at her buddy and raise her left leg and say listen to this as she farts

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Good one Raggs- In 5X years, I don't think I've ever heard a woman fart! A friend's wife explained it (drunkenly) to me one night at a desert campout. They will go to absolute extremes to avoid it. Not having to worry about makeup or shoes :green: I think us guys get more done. (Maybe that's why I'm still single. :( )

Larry

jpfaff

Newly Enlightened
Too funny but oh so true :lolsign:

tvodrd said:
Good one Raggs- In 5X years, I don't think I've ever heard a woman fart! A friend's wife explained it (drunkenly) to me one night at a desert campout. They will go to absolute extremes to avoid it. Not having to worry about makeup or shoes :green: I think us guys get more done. (Maybe that's why I'm still single. :( )

Larry